• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Royal Mail shipping module

LeeFoster

@LeeFoster We installed that module when we first started but soon realised it is just too complex - do you really need all those options? We have since drastically simplified our shipping charges (simple for us and the customer) and just use the osc 'table' module. You can clone that 'table' module if you need more for more zones.

Edited by Heatherbell

28 minutes ago, Heatherbell said:

@LeeFoster We installed that module when we first started but soon realised it is just too complex - do you really need all those options? We have since drastically simplified our shipping charges (simple for us and the customer) and just use the osc 'table' module. You can clone that 'table' module if you need more for more zones.

I'm building the site for someone else who wants to offer a large number of the various RM options

11 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

Does anyone know of a royal mail shipping module? I know there is the one below but it is 7 years old and for v2.2

https://apps.oscommerce.com/UZ8bn&uk-royal-mail-overseas-shipping-method&p=2

Thats the addon that I use for my RM shipping. I do only send out either large letters or small parcels up to 2kg so it was easy to adjust the price brackets to suit my site. There is no parcel size option as used by RM now but it can be made to work. I have set the site to show different options depending on total cost of the order as RM compensation is so low now, (over a certain cost only signed for shows) but again have no problems. Customers love that it is easy to use and selects to what is available depending of weight and order value. Any orders over 2kg use a courier module that was in the earlier version of this addon, but for some reason was removed. Just get the files from an earlier version.

Its just a shame that there is no third zone for international postage which is something that I may look into creating.

Updating prices is easy once you get the hang of the way they are listed.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, mfleeson said:

Hi
I have a two versions of the Royal Mail, one for UK and one for Airmail both which work with 2.3.4 BS. I'll be looking to port them to phoenix once I'm up and running development again. Let me know if you're still interested in this being available.

Cheers

Mark

Probably yes, once I move to phoenix.

Unused to use the available module from 7 years ago. It did stop working with one of the php upgrades which is a shame. The best thing about it was the max value on each type so for example a £40 purchase could be forced to recorded delivery...

My version of the code includes a fallback so that if the none of the pricing works out, it assumes I will send it via courier and charges £12.99 (hermes pricing)
I've almost finished updating the pricing matrix for the this years Royal Mail pricing so I'll tack it here soon.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:43 PM, astecme said:

Unused to use the available module from 7 years ago. It did stop working with one of the php upgrades which is a shame. The best thing about it was the max value on each type so for example a £40 purchase could be forced to recorded delivery...

Compare your RM files with the files from a standard oscommerce shipping module as I believe they were created using the flat rate as a base. I expect there has been a PHP change somewhere. You should also be able to find out why the module does not work by looking in your php error files.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP