• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.3 Upgrade Issue - Can't Log into Admin

oscarfellini

Hello everyone. I've tried upgrading from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 on 4 occaissions and each time... my store works (at least it looks like it works) but I can't get into the Admin. Does this sound familiar? 

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

The Admin login appears but after entering the info and clicking "enter" it snaps back to the original, blank form, state.

MR

@oscarfellini

When you say you are "upgrading" to v2.3.4, what exactly do you mean? Are you doing a clean install of 2.3.4, and migrating your database to the new installation? Or, are you trying to copy over your existing store? Are you doing this on a hosted server, or on an in-house test server?

Also, please be aware that v2.3.4 is obsolete. Even the last "official" release, v2.3.4.1, is also obsolete. They are not responsive (meaning they will adjust the screen layout for mobile devices ... critical in this day and age!), and will crash as hosts upgrade to the latest version of PHP. Instead, I recommend the Community Edition called 'Frozen' (a link is in my signature below).

M

Thanks M. I actually solved the problem. :) In the process of installing all the updates so that, in the end, the shop isn't obsolete. Well aware of the 'Frozen' edition. Appreciate your response.

All the best,

MR

Archived