• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BS\GOLD with PayPal App 5.018

MountainMan

Hi there from the USA.  Have been porting an OSC 2.3? site over to BS\GOLD.  (Started a while back, and now coming to finish it, I see "frozen".   Drat, more more more work.)

FYI, I harvested the PP App 5.018 (which did not come with Gold) from github, and copied it over to my new work.  The App would not do an update from 5.10, so I tried the manual approach.

So far, so good.  Except for the PayPal app.  Previously was using PayPal Standard, which is still setup in the configuration table.

Firstly, its confusing about retrieving the credentials - Live vs API.  Do I need both?  If yes, which first?

Secondly, my credentials are not being retrieved.  When I press any of the buttons, the page just reloads.

In desperate need of insight...

2 hours ago, MountainMan said:

Firstly, its confusing about retrieving the credentials - Live vs API.  Do I need both?  If yes, which first?

Secondly, my credentials are not being retrieved.  When I press any of the buttons, the page just reloads.

I'm not sure what you mean by Live vs API. Maybe you meant Live vs Sandbox? If you are asking about the API in the Live box, that is only needed if you are using a paypal module other than Standard, though it won't work to enter them if you have them since it could save time should you ever change the module.

I don't understand what "any of the buttons" mean but if you click on the "Retrieve Live Credentials" button, it should take you to paypal. If not, maybe something on your server is blocking the connection. The retrieve method is just an easier way to get the credentials. You can enter them manually and the result is the same.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

26 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm not sure what you mean by Live vs API. Maybe you meant Live vs Sandbox?

I don't understand what "any of the buttons" mean but if you click on the "Retrieve Live Credentials" button, it should take you to paypal. 

Live vs sandbox is obvious, I was confused by the API credentials, partly because I was used to the older PP Standard setup in Admin (which was simple), and also because "API" is often used for different/direct/programming access on other platforms.  I initially thought I should only be concerned with Live or Sandbox setup.

Also adding to the confusion was nothing was working as advertised, because, of course, its a bastardized port over.

The three "buttons" - I was seeing the PP App Start page with three "panels" for retrieving the Live, Sandbox and API credentials.  I did not find it clear, should I setup the API first?  In any case, I slugged threw the code, and also had to make some manual entries in the configuration table because they werent saving, but am now finally seeing PayPal as a payment option and can click thru to PayPal to make payment, and am just about to see if a test payment will work.

Thanks for your response.  The community is much appreciated.