• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Square Payments Plugin for osCommerce

shichemt

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed the oscommerce-2.3.4.1, the squareup plugin files are copied to the same directories as instructed and template_bottom has been modified. the square api is alsp obtained.

However I tried to install the plugin and I do not see the square payment module is listed among all these preinstalled modules.

I tested on the other domain, it was there and installed successfully.

> The suceesful one here: giftcardonly.com

?> the failed domain: gconly.com

Any idea what is the real issue causing this?

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Okay so I'm having some problems getting this to show up.

I'm connecting to the CANADIAN developers side, and the module is NOT showing up in the admin dashboard for payment modules.

Any advise?

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 2 months later...

BTW...what protection do I as a merchant have if someone uses a stolen card here?  If someone has a stolen card, all they need is a zip code and this transaction will pass, yes?  Nothing authenticating a card's zip code with a site user's payment address?  So no protection from charge back... or am I missing something?

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, shichemt said:

Please post any bugs, problems and suggestions about  Square Payments Plugin for osCommerce in this topic. I will do my best to provide support.

Trying to get this to work on 2.3.4BS. The weird thing is I was getting a blank screen from the tep_mail error however a customer managed to make a payment somehow. Try as I might all I got was a blank screen when I clicked confirm. Now that the tep_mail is cleared up I can see the error I'm getting is "Error: Your request was invalid and cannot be processed right now. Please try again later." I copied the IDs off the square page, entered valid cc info but can't get it to work ... any suggestions would be much appreciated

• 7 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:21 AM, tkeats said:

I'm oooh so excited to see this module option and got all the steps taken care of.  However it's still not showing up i my 'module' list.

Version Checker pixel_trans.gif

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3.4

PHP Version 5.4.45

After I uploaded the code, made the change in template_bottom "Install Module (43)" didnt change.  it was '43' before, and remained the same.  It's not in the list either.
Advice?

Has anyone gotten this to work on 2.3.3.4+?

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 1 month later...

The javascript library on which this addon is based has been announced end-of-life July 2022. I have built a payment module based on the new SDKs and APIs for phoenix. Let me know if you are interested in having it back-ported to osc 2.3....

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so there's a version done that's compatible with osc classic jquery admin 2.3... and boostrap 3 front end, available through my site along with the phoenix version. I've been looking at an osc 4 version - let me know if you've a need.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, BrockleyJohn said:

Ok so there's a version done that's compatible with osc classic jquery admin 2.3... and boostrap 3 front end, available through my site along with the phoenix version. I've been looking at an osc 4 version - let me know if you've a need.

Mine went down yesterday morning, and then was up again for a while, and now is down yet again.  A thread on sellercommunity.com cites a change to the API, any info on this?

• 2 months later...

So there's now a version of the new plug-in that's compatible with osC versions 2.3.x available on my site, which you can reach from the link on my forum profile.