• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Error Handler

Jack_mcs

This addon prevents mysql errors from being displayed on the site. This is important because hackers will deliberately enter an
invalid url to cause a failure, which they use to decide how best to attack it.

It is compatible with all versions of oscommerce and only requires one file change to install.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So why does my cursor get stuck in the blue box every time i try to @ someone?

Jack, Twitter typeahead stopped working I and  got a blank page when trying to add to cart after installing this in 2.3.4BS Gold. Both work after putting my backup database.php file in.

Is this correct?

return mysqli_close($$link);
  }

function tep_db_error($query, $errno, $error) {
      if (OSCEH_ENABLE == 'false') {
          tep_db_error_Legacy($query, $errno, $error);
      }

global $PHP_SELF;
      include('osc_error_handler.php');
      ob_start();
      debug_print_backtrace();
      $traceback = ob_get_clean();
      $msg = 'Query Error reported on page ' . $PHP_SELF . "\n" . 'MySQL error: ' . $errno . ' - ' . $error . "\n\n" . $query . "\n\n";
      $msg .= 'URI for the page: ' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] . "\n\n";
      $msg .= 'Backtrace ' . $traceback . "\n\n";

if (OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Email' || OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Both') {
          $email_address = (tep_not_null(OSCEH_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ? OSCEH_EMAIL_ADDRESS : STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
          tep_mail('Stop Notification!', $email_address, 'Critical Store Error!', $msg, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
      }

if (OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Log' || OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Both') {
          OSC_ErrorHandler($msg);
      }

$msg = '<div>Sorry something went wrong! The error has been reported to the site owner. Please try again by clicking <a href="' . tep_href_link('index.php') . '">here.</a></div>';
      die($msg);
  }  

function tep_db_error_Legacy($query, $errno, $error) { 

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {
      error_log('ERROR: [' . $errno . '] ' . $error . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);
    }

die('<font color="#000000"><strong>' . $errno . ' - ' . $error . '<br /><br />' . $query . '<br /><br /><small><font color="#ff0000">[TEP STOP]</font></small><br /><br /></strong></font>');
  }

7 hours ago, Big Bear said:

Is this correct?

Yes, the code is correct. Did you run the database file and upload the new file? Assuming you did, it might be a path issue. Try changing this line

to this

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG .'includes/osc_error_handler.php');

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That's strange. There's really nothing there that should cause the problem you describe that I can see.

Do the failures occur if you have the code installed but the addon disabled via the setting?

If not, does the failures occur if you enable the addon but set the reporting method to just email or just logging?

If there is an error_log file in the shops root, does it show any errors related to this? 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Code installed, set it on or off same thing.

I only tried it with email reporting. That part works.

For both product info and twitter typeahead the Error log shows

PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent

and points to line 97 of sessions.php-  return session_start

unset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[tep_session_name()]);

$sane_session_id = false;
      }
    }

if ($sane_session_id == false) {
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
    }

register_shutdown_function('session_write_close');

return session_start();
  }

function tep_session_register($variable) {
    global $session_started;

if ($session_started == true) {
      if (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) {
        return session_register($variable);
      } else {
        if (!isset($GLOBALS[$variable])) {
          $GLOBALS[$variable] = null;
        }

$_SESSION[$variable] =& $GLOBALS[$variable];

12 hours ago, Big Bear said:

Code installed, set it on or off same thing. 

I only tried it with email reporting. That part works.

I'm confused by these two statements since I thought having the code installed caused a failure but the second statement says it is working?

If the first statement is saying the shop fails with the addon installed and turned off, then there has to be something else causing the problem. When it is turned off, it just calls the function that was there before the addon was installed so the addon code is being bypassed completely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

With the extra code added to includes/functions/database.php it works to the extent of reporting an error but it causes typeahead and show cart after add to cart to die. 

With it turned off the added code is still there causing MY site to get 

Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent

Without the snippet added these things work.

It's not the only addon that hasn't worked on my special ed site.

Thanks for your time.

The only thing I can think to suggest is to change

to

exit;

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then I'm out of ideas as to the cause. :( You could place the code in a page, after removing it from that file, and see if it fails that way. If it fails, then there is something in your shop or on the server that is causing it to fail. So on a page like conditions.php, add this after template_top

ob_start();
      debug_print_backtrace();
      $traceback = ob_get_clean();
      $msg = 'Query Error reported on page ' . $PHP_SELF . "\n" . 'MySQL error: ' . $errno . ' - ' . $error . "\n\n" . $query . "\n\n";
      $msg .= 'URI for the page: ' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] . "\n\n";
      $msg .= 'Backtrace ' . $traceback . "\n\n";

if (OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Email' || OSCEH_FOR_WHO == 'Both') {
          $email_address = (tep_not_null(OSCEH_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ? OSCEH_EMAIL_ADDRESS : STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
          tep_mail('Stop Notification!', $email_address, 'Critical Store Error!', $msg, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
      }

If it works, then the code is interfering with other code in your shop for some reason.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't blame the site this time. It was a joint effort of edit pad and I causing a character set mismatch. All better now. Sorry for bothering you.

Actually, I can never blame the site as I am the one that butchered it.

Archived