• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Vouchers Secure

Jack_mcs

If this is an upgrade from a differ Gift Voucher asson, be sure to read the instruction file for that. Also, be sure you ran the install file twice as mentioned in the install file. If that isn't it, then all I can think of is that you don't have an active coupon or maybe it doesn't apply to what you are ordering, like an amount limit.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it's a fresh install.  I made some active coupons, although once made they won't let me edit them (strange).  And I made sure to put $50 in the shopping cart to test (since that was the minimum purchase for the coupons).

I also found a bug that's very strange.  I emailed myself a gift voucher, but when I clicked the link to redeem it, I received this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/dreaming/www/coyoteas-store/catalog/gv_redeem.php on line 29

this is the line it's referring to:

$gv_query = tep_db_query("select c.coupon_id, c.coupon_amount from coupons c, coupon_email_track et where coupon_code = '" . tep_db_input(($voucher_number) . "' and c.coupon_id = et.coupon_id");

You seem to be missing a closing bracket or have an extra opening bracket.  ie you have three opening ( and only two closing ).

Dan

10 hours ago, dreaminggates said:

$gv_query = tep_db_query("select c.coupon_id, c.coupon_amount from coupons c, coupon_email_track et where coupon_code = '" . tep_db_input(($voucher_number) . "' and c.coupon_id = et.coupon_id");

@Dan Coleis correct. There is an extra left parenthesis for the tep function. To fix it, change the above to

$gv_query = tep_db_query("select c.coupon_id, c.coupon_amount from coupons c, coupon_email_track et where coupon_code = '" . tep_db_input($voucher_number) . "' and c.coupon_id = et.coupon_id");

Regarding the code not working, what version of oscommerce are you using? And how did you do the installation - following the instructions or with a compare program?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dreaminggates said:

osCommerce v.2.3.4.1

That's not a clear answer, though you probably wouldn't know that. The official version uses that number but so do some of the CE versions, and the installation is different for those two. Do you recall where you downloaded the package from - here or github?

In either case, the instructions are not very good, I'm sorry to  say. If you used the install from the Version_CE directory, that assumes you have the modular checkout addon installed. If you used the Version_2.3.4 install, that is probably the one you want but the instructions are sparse. In my defense, I hurried the release because the addon it is meant to replaces would not work in 2019. I will be improving upon the instructions when I can find the time. I do apologize to you, and to anyone else, that have problems due to the instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I am running Gift Vouchers Secure 1.1 on both OS Commerce 2.3.4.1 and OS Commerce 2.3.1 with PHP 5.3. In both cases, if I enter a coupon code, the Credit Card fields disappear so the checkout cannot be completed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

The JS code is not closed.
i assume not even your footer show, besides the CC entry.
( conclusion: bad code................... or more likely............. a template you use/bought............. not compatible with add-on)
Excuse coming in 1,2,3
GO:

10 hours ago, Talen7 said:

I am running Gift Vouchers Secure 1.1 on both OS Commerce 2.3.4.1 and OS Commerce 2.3.1 with PHP 5.3. In both cases, if I enter a coupon code, the Credit Card fields disappear so the checkout cannot be completed.

I've not ran across this problem. My guess is it has to do with the php version you are running. Those versions of oscommerce should run on php 5.4 without any issues to so I suggest making that change. I don't have a test shop here with this addon installed that will run with php 5.3 so I can't test it. But it might also be the version of the files you are using. The latest changes are only for shops that can load modules. Your 2.3.4.1 shop should be able to do that but not the 2.3.1. If you have used code from the non-CE versions in the package, you may have unfinished code since not all of that was updated, as I recall.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

thank you for this addon

i am using a contribution that adds orders at the adminestration side

it actually creates an order first and then it edits it.

i want to add the gv code in this file.

where are the codes that check the validity of the gc or coupon?

any idea of how i should go about doing this

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

• 1 month later...

I am almost done. just don't see where the quantity is multiplied 

lets say there is a $1 coupon for the product 5, and the customer buys 10. It only subtracts $1 and the tax  instead of $10 and the tax. Where dose multiply the  quantity. 

I can't find it.

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

The modules are order total modules. That means they apply to the total of the order. Be sure you have the sort order of the module before all of the modules except the sub-total one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

so it is working correctly. it is suppose to only deduct one coupon no matter how many products they buy. 😂you are the best 

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

That's correct. If you set the coupon to deduct 10%, then it will calculate the coupon amount by multiplying the total by 0.1. If you set the coupon as $10, then it subtracts $10 from the total.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

The change files for 2.3.4 and RC2 both have an insert to checkout_success.php to include file add_checkout_success.php to modules.  This file is missing from the update package.  I have commented it out for now, but is it actually needed?  If so, where is it?

10 hours ago, cmcdanel said:

This file is missing from the update package.  I have commented it out for now, but is it actually needed? 

It displays the balance of gift vouchers, it one exists. It is not required but the attached file will work in RC2 and maybe 2.3.4, depending upon its version.

add_checkout_success.zip

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

The file doesn't seem to pick up the definitions from the parent, still backtracking this one.

Also, another missing file: includes/modules/gv_account.php

BTW, I'm running version 2.3.4.1 (Frozen)

Carl

6 hours ago, cmcdanel said:

Also, another missing file: includes/modules/gv_account.php

Without knowing where the error is occurring, I can only guess. You might try changing the text gv_account.php to gv_create_account.php. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've been working on it and, I think, it is ready to be uploaded. But the changes are significant  so I need to test it more than I have. I think it will be uploaded in the next week or two.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons