• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What does this message mean: Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Snarg

Where do you see that?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:00 PM, Snarg said:

I see this message a lot but, I don't really understand what it means. Thank you in advance.

It is when you use PayPal Standard payment, when a customer has chosen this kind of payment and arrives into "checkout_confirmation" page without going further...
At this stage, pre-order is registred from admin (without removing the quantities of basket products from stock).

1. If the customer confirms his order, the order is created and the quantities are decreased too. The satus goes through "pending" (or something else you have chosen).
2. If the customer abandons his purchase by leaving the shop, the status remains "Preparing [PayPal Standard]"... for ever.
3. If the customer goes back to "shopping_cart" and modify his basket, the pre-order will be deleated automatically.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, Snarg said:

I see this message a lot but, I don't really understand what it means.

In addition to the last reply, it is an order status that is set in admin->Localization->Orders Status. You can change it to whatever you like. You can also add others and then set one to be use in payment modules settings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons