• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

unable to switch language at store in 2.3.4.1 BS

This is a new 2.3.4.1 BS default install without any customization.

I copied the english.php and English directory to 4 other files/directories in the web root/includes/languages and web_root/admin/includes/languages so they are 5 directories total

make some adjustments to these files so they show the correct language translation

I defined 5 languages in the administration -> localization -> language, select language 4 as default language

installed the language bar, using default setting

in the administration backend, I am able to switch language and see the translation I made

in the store front, I am able to see the 5 languages in the drop down, but not able to switch language.  everything still default to English which is no 1 in the list.

I tried to copy some language setting related codes from backend web_root/admin/includes/application_top.php to web_root/include/application_top.php without any success. the language selection still stick to English .

Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Ed 

• 4 weeks later...

fyi

The language selection does work in the body of the page.

it just the language selection drop down always shows the first language in the list. It is just a minor bug and it does not affect the functionality of the site.

Archived