• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Addon Margin Report

LeeFoster

@LeeFoster

I had a quick look at this and the thing is, if you want to make this without core code changes then all the files or better say the categories.php file needs to be modular like we did with the product_info.php file on the front end.

The admin area at this point is not that modular yet. 

In my usual fashion, I am looking at this also. I have the admin back end installed, and dont mind altering that at the moment, and am looking at the front end. To make things simpler I was debating removing some of the features as I only need to know the margins on products, and not individual orders and all the other stuff that comes with it. What I want to keep is the way the prices are displayed on the product pages, so maybe it wont be that hard to convert now the product page is modular.

My question has to be though, would it be better done as a module or a hook? If a simple module, It may be possible for me to alter, hooks I have no idea. Dumping the unwanted stuff from the back end easy.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

3 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

In my usual fashion, I am looking at this also. I have the admin back end installed, and dont mind altering that at the moment, and am looking at the front end. To make things simpler I was debating removing some of the features as I only need to know the margins on products, and not individual orders and all the other stuff that comes with it. What I want to keep is the way the prices are displayed on the product pages, so maybe it wont be that hard to convert now the product page is modular.

My question has to be though, would it be better done as a module or a hook? If a simple module, It may be possible for me to alter, hooks I have no idea. Dumping the unwanted stuff from the back end easy.

If you're just wanting to see the margin/markup on a product without the reporting etc there is another addon that does just that bit. 

I actually went down the route of installing both.