• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there support for orders without signing up for accounts?

unaesthetic

Hello all. I just found this wonderful app and I had a question:

I'm building a site for a cliet who sells a large volume of items with not many repeat customers. Their main concern is that people can easily find what they want, plug in their CC number, shipping address, and go on with their lives. Fast and easy is what they require.

I've noticed most of the osCommerce sites require you to sign up for an account with all kinds of detailed information, while this is a nice feature, it's the exact opposite of what my client has requested.

I'm wondering if there's support for customers placing orders without going through all the red tape.

Any help is very appriciated!

Hmmm... looks like quite a bit of work; is anyone here using that contribution that can attest to it's stability?

My client is going to have a pretty high rate of small sales, and I need to be able to tell them this is going to work.. otherwise maybe someone might suggest a commercial solution?

thanks again.

The only issue is with repeat customers, since you don't have many of those, it shouldn't be an issue.

So, how do you deal with repeat customers who purchased without an account? Are they unable to shop again with the same address info??? From what I can tell, the PWA contrib simply does not ask for a password, yet it still creates a user account, correct? This seems like a major problem for any repeat customer.

Any solutions to this yet?

Thanks,

Mike

Archived