• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account v.0.56

beeonline

Hi

Ok I have played around with the layout and some PHP code...

Now I am trying to add the contribution " Purchase Without Account v.0.56" and I am trying to figure out how to implement the follow DB mod...

Database changes new as of v0.57

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

So how do I do this, with what software and where in the DB

When answering this question...please assume that I have no knowledge of MYSQL.... yet :oops:

So a bit of hand holding would be appropete oops appropriate here for this newby

Cheers Malc :lol:

Are you aware of phpmyadmin? it basicly is a web based interface for handling mysql querries, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong here, but install phpmyadmin, or check with your webhots if it is installed and run the following as a querry:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

what you nbeed to do is log into phpmyadmin, select the database you are using for oscommerce, and select run querry (or something like that!)

Good luck!

Tjobbe

Hi

Thanks....can i use

phpmyadmin
on my local machine...

The reason being I am trying to learn php/mysql/oscommerce and it is a steap learning curve for me :shock: so I am to do all this locally

I am running Windows ME on my desk top so I have php/mysql installed using Foxserv... and it works well

On my Laptop I am running XP Pro which is more and have just installed php/mysql without having to use a package like Foxserv...

Cheers Malc

Hi,

you can use phpmyadmin locally, I reckon it'll work anywhere where you have a server (eg apache, +php +mysql running). I can wholly recomend phptriad for a particularly easy setup of apache, php & mysql on a windows machine as it looks fairly compliacted to setup all that stuff manually.

Phptriad is available at download.com and some other places....search on google (as always)

with ten thousand dollars we'll all be millionaires

Archived