• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

updating prices

tommygunner

I'm looking for most efficient way of running computer site. All I will basically be selling is computers. My biggest concern is price updates which I want to be as fast as possible. I install computer configurater thing for osc.

It looks like fastest way to do price updates is thru phpmyadmin rather than using osc interface. It looks like creating products for each component will be fastest way because you can actually see product name and price in phpadmin.

The second way which i was using is to create product attribtes for all the items. However, when I open product attributes database in phpmyadmin, I see prices, but no product name which makes it very difficult to update prices.

A problem I'm having with first method is that products I create show up as separate items outside of pulldown menu. Can this be hidden?

tommygunner

• 3 weeks later...

I am running with the same problem also. I am trying to find a fast way for price update and I thought to use the same thing PHPMYADMIN but the name of the product does not come up , instead comes the product id which is not easy to remember.

I guess the re should be some contribution for updating prices on the fly, but we need to find it. Anyone out there who can help with this.

thanks in advance

julian

The_Bear sorry about the extra post, but every time I clicked submit I would get an error page, that's why were so many posts, I didn't really know they were being posted because of that error page.

Thank you very much for letting us know about the contributions. Really appreciate it.

Julian

Archived