• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Description

pisces69

I have searched the contributions and this forum but could not get a clear answer to what I'm looking for.

How do I format my descriptions on my product pages to look something like this: (It only has normal text even if I enter paragraphs etc.)

Bold: Product Specifications:

Speed: 56k

Size: 5 x 6

blah blah

<New Paragraph>

This product....

<New paragraph>

Furthermore, if you....

I would really appreciate it if someone out there can help, I might have missed something whilst searching but I am pretty sure I did not find anything useful..

Thanx in advance

if there ending up in the text, your not using both brackets before and after <br> <u> and don't use them the wrong way or they will not work

So basically you can use all HTML code. I just created <ul></ul> items and it works fine.

Any sugestions as to how I can speed up the process? I've got approx 200+ items to add and to hand code the description pages will take forever.

Thanx.

I will try it. I hope it is not too difficult to install, I'm new to osCommerce and are a little weary of trying too many things too soon. I still haven't added any contributions requiring me to update my mySQL db.

I'll get there eventually...

I'm just the causious type.

Thanx again.

I use dreamweaver and put all my info in a table and save it in a special directory on my local then when I want to change it I have a back up an just copy and paste into the admin.

use more images in a directory on your server, then you have html with in your php. thats the fastest I could come up with with out installing a mod. for an advanced info product page. I disabled the click the link for more info and I commented out the image to click to enlarge.

also another thing you could consider is to add extra fields to your description

all my items need height width and depth so I added more fields kind of keeps things nice and orderly... dont know if it'll work for your case but just throwing the idea out there

• 2 years later...

Archived