• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What item did the customer order?

I tried PayPalIPN on my site, but whenever I leave it in Test Mode it works fine, but whenever I switch over to normal mode it doesn't work right, it leaves all the fields blank :cry:

Also, how do I know what product the customer ordered? It doesn't say on MY invoice and it doesn't say in the PayPalIPN area? Any ideas! Thanks!

-John-

I don't use paypal IPN I just change catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php file

look for function process_button() {

change the following code:

function process_button() {

global $order, $currencies, $currency;

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY == 'Selected Currency') {

$my_currency = $currency;

} else {

$my_currency = substr(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY, 5);

}

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {

$my_currency = 'USD';

}

$xx = '';

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {

$xx .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . '-' . ($order->products[$i]['name']) . '**';

}

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_xclick') .

tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME . ' ' . $xx) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;

}

That will make it so even if they don't come back to your site, it will put the item info ij the e-mail you receive from paypal

You mod worked great. But the attributes info does not get sent any way to add this info to the item?

Thanks,

Jeff

jrglass,

I would love to be able to take credit for this mod, but I can't. The credit goes to jchasick he is the one who came up with it. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...+process+paypal

He would be the one to ask about how to make the attributes be included. (I never tried testing with products with attributes)

cartonsale,

I have seen tons of people having problems with paypal ipn. Since Paypal e-mails you when you get paid anyways all I needed to know was what the customer ordered. This mod gives me what I need quick and easy with no problems. It is up to you to decide what you want to do. Just my 2 cents.....

Archived