• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove manufacturer from wht'a new page

This one's simple, well if you know PHP! I simply what to remove manufaturers from the whats new page, thats when you click on the little arrow on the whats new box. I've tried commenting out code cutting code and I just get errors. Could someone please tell me how to get rid of this field. It's a small file so even better show me. Useing 2.2 MS1. :roll:

do you want to remove it from all pages or just that one page?

to reomve from all pages you can simply comment out the code in the column_left or column_right.php files to turn it off completely

if you want to turn it off only for that page, a boolean test would need to be created to test the page being viewed and if true, don't show that box..

understand?

Jeff, he doesn't mean the manufacturers box, it's on the New Products listing itself, shown for each new product.

Patrick, edit the file includes/modules/products_new.php and change line 85 from:

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '"><b><u>' . $products_new_array[$i]['name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . $products_new_array[$i]['date_added'] . '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new_array[$i]['manufacturer'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>

to:

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '"><b><u>' . $products_new_array[$i]['name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . $products_new_array[$i]['date_added'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>

8)

Archived