• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User Define Lenghth...

TaP

I am working on my catalog now for www.fastshafts.com/catalog/default.php and, we make driveshafts for cars...and we custom make certain lenghts for them. Thing is I need to have a manual imput field for the user to define what length that they want...so we know to build it this certain lenght. I also want to have a user comment field at the bottom somehow....

Can ya help me plez...I am new to PHP so don't get too technical on me...

Thanks!

Patrick,

There is a contribution called "Option Type feature" (I think). It is available in the contributions section. I have it installed on MS1 and it works well. It is an easy install however.

:?

Patrick,

There is a contribution called "Option Type feature" (I think). It is available in the contributions section. I have it installed on MS1 and it works well. It is an easy install however.

:?

this is what i have in my config file...its now, so nothing else is added but this mod...

Host: *********

Database : ****

Generation Time: Jun 17, 2003 at 02:55 AM

Generated by: phpMyAdmin 2.3.3pl1

SQL-query: SELECT * FROM `products_options_values` LIMIT 0, 30;

products_options_values_id language_id products_options_values_name

0 3 TEXT

3 1 no transmission slip yoke

0 1 TEXT

0 2 TEXT

1 1 long transmission slip yoke

2 1 XL long transmission slip yoke

------------------------------------------------------

// CLR 020605 defines needed for Product Option Type feature.

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', 0);

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT', 1);

define('TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_');

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0); //Must match id for user defined "Text" value in db table TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES

Tat look right?

...thx

Ah Patrick......It should be your catalog/includes/configure.php and all you need to add is this part:

// CLR 020605 defines needed for Product Option Type feature.

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', 0); //TO DO: move to configuration table in db.

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT', 1);   //TO DO: move to configuration table in db.

define('TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_');             //TO DO: move to configuration table in db.

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0);  //Must match id for user defined "TEXT" value in db table TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES

:lol: :lol: When I read your post the first time the sun was hitting my monitor just right and I didn't see the line between the two parts....I was trying to figure out what you had done... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay.....Using your phpmyadmin....Delete the all the entries in that table except the very first one.

Host: zzzz

Database : zzzz

Generation Time: Jun 16, 2003 at 10:37 PM

Generated by: phpMyAdmin 2.4.0-rc1

SQL-query: SELECT * FROM `products_options_values` LIMIT 0, 50;

products_options_values_id language_id products_options_values_name

0 1 TEXT

Then open your admin to the attributes section.

Okay.....I'm now stumped......Did you chose TEXT from the Options Values section AFTER you clicked the insert in the Products Options section?

Archived