• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Review Author Name

risonav

Hi. Is there any way I can change the name of the authors of the reviews on my page? I have allowed people to leave reviews without being registered and now it shows a blank in the "from" space. I would like to make it so if the author does not have a user id it will show "guest". Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

-Jen

Jen

Hey Jen,

Well, I can't remeber if my store is setup just like yours.. I think that I may have changed that.. But you should be able to log into your store admin, click reviews, and that's where you can edit/delet them.. I'm thinking, if you choose edit, you will be able to add or delet a name to the review..

This may not be the same in your case.. Again, I'm going by mine :)

Hope that helps in some way..

Extreme Alterations

Thanks for your answer.

It would be so cool if I could change the name through the admin panel like you can, but the only thing I can change there is the "review" part.

Oh well. Maybe there is a way I can change that?

Thanks!

Jen

Hey Alex-

I just looked at your site and it is great. You have exactly what I want to do on the review part. I need the reviewer to be able to type in their name ro for a default name to appear. Is this a contribution or did you just change the script? I'll go browse the contributions now.

Thanks!

Jen

I feel so dumb. I found exactly what I wanted in the contributions. I should have looked there first instead of wasting everyone's time. Sorry :oops:

Alex, I have the contrib installed and it works great, but I still cannot edit the author name from admin. Do you know how you can do this?

Thanks.

Jen

Archived