• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advanced Search help plz !!! :S its not easy i know

Lighthouse

hi,

I, want to expand de Advanced Search with some new fields like isbn, songwriter, title.

For example take Categories, i select de field and the search now looks only in this field for the string.

Oke its not little work but it is posible, but sins i am new to php its not easy to see how it works.

Do you know how i have to do it ??

let me know if you do know how to do it or if you know where to start with this.

all help is welcome

Lighthouse

yes i know my english is bad, but you understand wath i mean;) if not ask

Just edit your catalog/advanced_search.php file and find the query string and add the fields you would like search to the string.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hi demonj,

i try to understand you but i think that iam to new, i see to much code in the file,

but the trouble is i don't understand what it is saying i am realy just starting with this stuf.

I can find code if i know what i am looking for but if i don't know what i am looking for i am lost.

If you are abel to help me whit code it shoud work!

any way thanks for you reply

Lighthouse

yes i know my english is bad, but you understand wath i mean;) if not ask

Archived