• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upgrading 2.2CVS to 2.2ms1

syscon

Is there a way to upgrade from 2.2CVS to 2.2ms1.

I've tried it and it gives me whole kinds of errors especially with database structure.

I tried to upgrade but I get and error message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/sysconcept_ca/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

I think the problem is the database tructure.

Option 1:

I can modify the look of the osCommerce but I would like to retain the modification with respect to categories and information it is stored in database.

Is there a way of doing it?

Option 2:

Install ver. 2.2ms1 and import the database table by table.

I just need table I have information in, like: customers, customer_info, order etc.

Is there a way to import database table by table?!

Joseph :idea:

#Joseph

My idea to upgrading from 2.2CVS to 2.2ms1 is simple.

I backed up the old sql_database, make fresh install of oSC ver. 2.2ms1 (20min max.) .

Now the only problem is to move ONLY data of the old sql_database (not stracture) to the new database (the one that came with 2.2ms1).

This can be easily done with phpMyAdmin ver. 2.4.0 or higher.

Here is the instructions:

Open phpMyAdmin, create temporary_database, populate thhis data base with your old data.

Open phpMyAdmin go to the old database hit browse, "Operation" (menu on top) this will let you copy DATA ONLY to your original oSC 2.2ms1 database. One condition the table in your new data_base (the one you moving data to) should be empty (so delete that data) and you will be able to move data from one table to another.

I was able to move only data for example "address_book" to a new database; the only problem is when I go to administration - customers I don't seen any of them in there. Why??!!

I can see all the customers in via phpMyAdmin but they are not showing in OSC administration - customers section.

If I'll be able to solve the this problem, the upgrade should go smooth, as you are moving ONLY DATA not the structure to a new table.

Anybody want to complete this puzzle!

Joseph

#Joseph

Archived