• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

When i am in image manager I dont' see the files after images root.

When i want to upload an image, i have this message "File 'booster.gif' could not be created.

My catalog/images directory is in 777 chmod.

Could you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a grest contribution!

Great job MaxiDVD!

Though I have a problem problem with image uploading...

There is waht i mean:

When creating a product and uploading an image I asked the one that updates the catalogue to keep the aspect ratio that is defined in the admin/configuration which is set to 100x80 for the product thumbnail. So they make them proportional depending on the source they have, e.g. 200x160, 300x240, etc. But we still have a problem with the resizing of the thumbnail. The small image is not clear.

thumb.jpgbig.jpg

What I am asking is if that has something to do woth the WYSIWYG Editor?

I am using osCommerce 2.2MS2 with WYSIWYG Editor v1.7

Thanx in advance!

Hi lalev,

I did not include the function that enables the HTMLArea to resize the image for one reason:

The needed file is 450k in size, osCommerce contribution section only allows contributions to be a MAX size of 300k.

If you download this original php image upload script and read the readme.txt file it will explain the need addition step for that feature to work correctly.

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Ope...t=search_engine

the above mention file also include the needed 450k file image resizing.

(Needs to be uploaded to your server)

More info can be found here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Ope...eEditor_P16907/

Hope this helps you.. :unsure:

Cheers MaxiDVD

I need to stop messing with these contributions. Everytime I do, I have to reinstall my store :blink: I followed the instructions step by step but I end up with this as my main page http://synthea.com/store/ and there is not html editor anywhere in my admin area. Any idea how I can fix this, and if not, do I need to reverse the instructions and undo everything I just did? :(

Amy

Hi MaxiDVD!

I decidet to solve the problem according to the people that will own the online oScommerce store. To have clear images they wanted to get them in three sizes... so furtunately I found a contribution Sm,Med,and Lg Images that meets their requirements.

The only thing that I can't fix with your WYSIWYG Editor is that the fields to update the second and the third image are not editable thru it.

So I am trying to solve the problem and write some code analogous to the one that edits the picture field in the WYSIWYG Editor.

What I need to know is are the changes in the admin\categories.php enough to make ot work?

I am so lost in that PHP code :) Hope you get what I mean... :) Thanx in advance! :)

Hi,

I am getting this error:

Newsletter Manager

Newsletters Size Module Sent Status Action

1146 - Table 'andreajo_store.TABLE_NEWSLETTERS' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_NEWSLETTERS

Yes, the newsletters table is in the database.

I have checked all the files but cannot find where my mistake is....can someone please help?

Thanks!

The WYSIWG Contribution is for making HTML-emails and newsletters. To be able to show different picture-sizes, I used "3Sizes_of_product_images". You have to have 3 sizes available and then the shop will show the when requested. Take a look at http://www.hobby-post.nl. I used this contrib there. But don't buy products, it's a live shop.

Here is the link for the contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1346

Edited by waitsee

Hi

I'm new to this mysql and php..so is there any one who can explane to me what am I doing wrong. I tryed easy install of 1.7 on fresh MS2.2. and I did that with no errors., but in Admin area I can't see any signs of wysiwyg editor anywhere. Everithing is the same as it was before.

Maybe is my problem in first step :

STEP 1 -->

================================================================================

====

Firstly, Open /PHPMyAdmin --> (your_osCommerce_database) --> SQL --> Browse file --> /SQL Script/HTML_WYSIWYG_SQL.sql --> [OK] (import)

How exactly do I import the file and where. I did the folow in "MySQL-Front":

Open / MySQL-Front --> Open my db --> open SQL Query --> Load SQL from Teixtfile (Browse) --> Execute SQL

That's it

Than I uploaded all the catalog files.

That's it. I don't know annything about databases so if I done annything wrong please someone explane to me what do I need to do to make it work.

Hi Nice contrib..

haveing a problem with image resizeing the image see Image url error

or

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute useing backquotes in Safe Mode

Anyone have any Ideas??

this is kinda impeding me from putting more Pics in to the script and uploading it to share

STEP 1.5 --> OPEN: catalog/default.php (or index.php)

================================================================================

=====

Look for this around line 32:

=====

<tr>

<td class="main"><br><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

====

And replace that line with this:

====

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

</tr>

====

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ END /CATALOG/DEFAULT.PHP - SAVE AND CLOSE FILE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I cant find :

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

</tr>

in Catalog/index.php. Can sb help.................... Thanks for muchhhhhhh.......

Can someone give me some help with adding the database? I have phpmyadmin installed and have made some changes to it for other contributions. But the instructions for this one ,

Firstly, Open /PHPMyAdmin --> (your_osCommerce_database) --> SQL --> Browse file --> HTML_WYSIWYG_SQL.sql --> [OK]
makes no sense to me at all. I've signed into phpmyadmin and clicked on SQL but I don't see an import button. Can someone help me please?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes sorry, I can be download under the UltraPics Contribution.

Just replace all the files with the new ones.

PLZ back up your filez first....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1642

Cheers MaxiDVD

Great! Also you contrib the combined one, that makes the fresh MS2 installer more happy. :D

Edited by yaleyu

I finally got the contribution installed and it is working except for one problem. If I create a newsletter or E-Mail, save and lock it, and then choose edit, the body text is not displayed. The title is present and if I select preview the body is displayed but not when I try to edit. Is there a way around this?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I finally got the contribution installed and it is working except for one problem. If I create a newsletter or E-Mail, save and lock it, and then choose edit, the body text is not displayed. The title is present and if I select preview the body is displayed but not when I try to edit. Is there a way around this?

I will have a look into this.

Cheers MaxiDVD

Thats not meant to happen, I just checked this an it works as it ment to for me, try uploading the newsletters.php file again, check you FTP client is not putting whitespace (empty lines) in the page.

I found some FTP programs ans some webhosts filemangers can sometimes change the code placement and add whitespace (empty lines) inbetween every single line of code.

Cheers MaxiDVD

WHen are you planning to have the step by step instruction man. :lol:

I dont want to make any mistake with this one since it has allot of changes made in allot of pages.

I am just a newbie ........................................................................

Best Regards

A. Jalil

Thats not meant to happen, I just checked this an it works as it ment to for me, try uploading the newsletters.php file again, check you FTP client is not putting whitespace (empty lines) in the page.

I tried reloading the file but still fails the same way. I compared the file from my site with the one from the distribution with a file comparison program and it didn't find any changes. Where does the code load the body of the message into the editior? I don't know much about php but if I know where it is maybe I could put some echo statements around there and see if I can find where it is failing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons