• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

Are you sure it not the permission for that file?

I believe that is the problem.

I am actually on IIS using localhost and there is full read/write on all files - according to OSC File Manager (eXcutable is the only thing that can not be set on a per file on IIS - I think)

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got it working and placed the file as a contribution

i gave the credits for both of you

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/mo...for_wysiwyg.zip

I just installed this and it is not working.

I'm running latestnews v1.1.3, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Hi, maxiDVD

I installed osCommerce MS 2.2 and your contribution 1.6.6., but I got an error below, please help.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/rrtopnew/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 712

Hi, maxiDVD

I installed osCommerce MS 2.2 and your contribution 1.6.6., but I got an error below, please help.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/rrtopnew/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 712

Go to that line in that file and delete the "tep_" and leave "array_mereg" and that should do it.

BTW.

There is a version of this Contribution specifically for osC 2.2MS2

I can't find the link now, but its there somewhere.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

However when I made changes there and pressed the "SAVE" button I get:

Warning: fopen(C:/www/catalog/includes/languages/english/mainpage.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in C:wwwcatalogadmindefine_mainpage.php on line 54

Found a SOLUTION for anyone using IIS on 2000/XP/2003 and accessing it via LOCALHOST.

Right click in windows on your website - select Propeties then the Security tab. Click ADD Make sure "From this location" is your machine name, then "Enter the object name.." AS "IUSR_<your machine name>" (make sure you replace the <> with the proper name. Click OK.

THEN

Make sure that user has READ WRITE permissions - click OK again. All fixed!

PS -This also fixed my backup.php problem too.

Hi all,

i'm working with wysiwyg v1.6.6 Beta. Everything works (almost) fine, but when i want to send a newsletter, i get an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class newsletter in /home/maarten/public_html/winkel3/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php on line 13

Does anyone can tell me how i can fix this problem?

greets,

Maarten

quick question for you.

Recently installed the MS2 version of your WYSIWYG contribution, and so far I love it. Saves me tons of time with pervious individual contributions, and I plan to hack into the coding to add functionality for the latest news contribution and few others.

I have not tested the image upload section yet, but plan to.

Forgive my ignorance, but what I cannot seem to figure out....is where in the world do I update the main text for index.php from? I can openly see the option to turn it on and off from within the options, but cant seem to figure out beyond that.

I am so used to altering that information from the language file itself, that this would be a wonderful time saver.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

Hi maarten,

did you make any alterations to newsletter.php ?

maybe you can post the file here so we can take a look at it.

Hi mushindo,

main text for index.php, the editor can be found in admin under the catalog section.

Cheers MaxiDVD :lol:

Thanks Maxi! Figures I ran across it jsut before I got your response. :P

I do have a question for you though that you could probably help me with. Do you already have instructions for, or would you mind whipping up some, quick and dirty instructions for adding your contribution into other sections?

Example: Latest news 1.21 I believe. The old WYSIWYG contribution was easy enough to add into any table I needed, but yours obviously rocks in the way you handled the file structure and the ability to turn it on and off for any given item.

What I need from you, if possible is this:

1. How do I add new item into your admin configuration.php page? Say for latest news in this case, which is already installed.

2. What chunk of code would I place on a given page to pull in your editor?

3. What chunk of code would I place below the </form></tr></table> tag in order to get it to work for a specific form variable?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. If you dont have an email, or file, or topic covering this yet, I think it would be a wonderful addition to your contribution package.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

Maxi - I have noticed a stange problem....

I think it is only something to do with my Mysql version (MySQL 4.0.13) but maybe other are getting it as well.

It only seems to happen on the product description WYSIWYG (however I have noticed some different problems on the information unlimited section - ie. text can be deleted or repeats itself & images not upload correctly (become corrupt).

Anyway, product info is more import atm.

Sometimes when I make a change and try to update it I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Front Jacket, )' at line 1

INSERT INTO products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id) VALUES (1, Concealed Front Jacket, )

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

I assume it is just a syntax problem with the newer version of MySQL

first things first, i'm very new to this and i'm still in the reading phase, i came accross this file (wysiwgy) last night and downloaded it...this morning i followed the instructions or i thought i did...after going through the editing and replacing the file i was suppose to, i'm getting a bunch of errors on my page....can someone please check my site and let me know what i did wrong so i can fix it? thanks in advance.

Hello !

1/

Congratulation for this add on. i would change a little html code.

When you tape a synthaxe and "enter" for a other sentence, a html code <p> lkhkjhk </p> is created. how to do for to have a lkjlkjljl <br> ? only

2/ A put a categorie description v1.5. This contribution allow to create a summary in a category. A want to include your code. How to do ?

Thanks for your anwer.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Gyakutsuki

Congratulation for this add on. i would change a little html code.  

When you tape a synthaxe and "enter" for a other sentence, a html code <p> lkhkjhk </p> is created. how to do for to have a lkjlkjljl <br> ? only

Hold Down your "Shift" key whilst pressing the "Enter" key this cause the HTML Editor to usa a <br> instead of <p>....

This is a limitation of Internet Explorer..

2/ A put a categorie description v1.5. This contribution allow to create a summary in a category. A want to include your code. How to do ?

This has alreadt been doon, if you look at the detatailed instructions all the way to the bottom you will see the code is there to make the modification..

mushindo

1. How do I add new item into your admin configuration.php page? Say for latest news in this case, which is already installed.  

2. What chunk of code would I place on a given page to pull in your editor?  

3. What chunk of code would I place below the </form></tr></table> tag in order to get it to work for a specific form variable?

This basically done all vis the SQL script, Im really busy atm moment but if I get a chance over the next few days I will try to whip one up.

fiscus

Glad to see you worked out your problem, it didnt look like a HTML Editor issue. :wink:

MAKAVELI1980

we cant help with-out an example or website..

Cheers All, MaxiDVD 8)

Maxi,

Where is the CUSTOM newsletter page? When I click on the little ! mark I get an example Kmart page. I assume this feature is for saving a preformatted template for your newsletters/emails.

I want to change this to my own custom layout - I just need to know where is it. I couldn't seem to find it.

Can you specify different templates as well? Ie. one for emails one for newsletters?

Thanks

Hi

Just installed this contri. Great work. The problem I have though is to do with the define_mainpage hack. My problem is that I have installed osC automatically through cPanel and the mainpage is named index.php. I would appreciate it of you could tell me which files do I have to change the file names from mainpage to index to get this hack working.

Many thanks in advance

M

My problem is that I have installed osC automatically through cPanel and the mainpage is named index.php. I would appreciate it of you could tell me which files do I have to change the file names from mainpage to index to get this hack working.

First of all INDEX.PHP does not change at all - but it does call several other PHP files.

If you follow the instruction 100% - you will have it installed - it is in you OSC Admin panel under 'catalog' there is a 'Define Mainpage' option. There is a drop down box in the top right hand to select to change and modify EACH lauguage for your main page.

Hello,

I've just install on my store the lastest version of the HTML editor, it work find, except for the image manager... It list noting and I can't creat a new folder or upload a new image...

What is wrong?

All works perfect for the file manager...

Any suggestions?

Many thx for yoru time and help.

REgards, DOm