osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote myself: :o

Also, I'm still getting 'This page contain secure and nonsecure items' when I load any of the html editors - I'm using a shared SSL server to access admin. Am I alone on this one too?

I found the following at http://www.interactivetools.com/products/h...umentation.html

Why do I get "non secure items" warnings when using htmlarea on a secure (SSL) https:// page?

This is a bug/feature of Internet Explorer. Even if you get unsecure warnings your form contents should still be submitted securely.

htmlArea uses an <iframe> to contain the editor and because the contents of the iframe isn't being loaded off a secure site, Internet Explorer thinks the iframe is unsecure. The problem is, the iframe doesn't load anything off any site, it's blank, it doesn't even have a src attribute. We just create an empty iframe and then use javascript to update it. We hope to have this fixed in a future release.

Note: There's a clever workaround for this problem posted in the forum here. The only issue with it is that can cause the back button to not work as intended (it goes back in the iframe first).

The link for that workaround is http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P3686/

cheers

Simon

We just discussed this on the last page, you should download the latest "Information Pages Ulimited" Contibution it does exactly what your asking for, and on the previous page you will find the code snippets you need to succefully intergrate the WYSIWYG editor into the information pages.

i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!! i love you!!

Youre the best :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions about WYSIWYG HTML Editor for Admin 1.7

As I do not have enough space in my CGI provider right now I have to host my pictures in another site

I guess I have to change the configuration in the config.inc.php ?

I tried but no success so far.

The url of my site should be like:

HTTP://www.mysite.com/images/

How can I include this url in the following code

// CONSTRAIN_* indicates the image constraints used to scale uploads (0 = none)
define("CONSTRAIN_HEIGHT", 0);
define("CONSTRAIN_WIDTH", 0);

// IMAGE_DIR and IMAGE_URL identify the Image directory "root" (MUST end in "/")
// Do NOT include "http://my.hostname.com" in IMAGE_URL; just the path from the
// DocumentRoot of your webserver.
define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES));
define("IMAGE_URL", trim(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES));

// NETPBM_DIR identifies the directory where NETPBM is located (MUST end in "/")
// Not used if either CONSTRAIN_HEIGHT or CONSTRAIN_WIDTH (above) is specified as "0".
define("NETPBM_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_CATALOG));

At the moment WYSIWYG HTML Editor works fine in my admin with english and french but not with my japanese. Anyone has got the idea why ?

Thanks in advance

Not sure, but it is highly likely that the editor does not support Japanese fonts or Japanese encoding. There are many issues with osCommerce and the way it supports Japanese encoding. Hopefully future issues will resolve this.

Hello,

The stylesheet classes don't seem to work for me in the html editor. From examining the source, the class statement is given as class=boxText. I think this should be class="boxText", so I'm loosing quotes somewhere! I've tried to edit in manually using the editor in html mode, but my mode just get changed back. As any one else had this problem, or am I alone?

I think the offending code is in editor_basic.js but I don't know any javascript.

this.fontstyles = [ // make sure these exist in the header of page the content is being display as well in or they won't work! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ name: "boxText",     className: "boxText",  classStyle: "" },     { name: "errorBox",    className: "errorBox", classStyle: "" },     { name: "stockWarning", className: "stockWarning", classStyle: "" },     { name: "productsNotifications",     className: "productsNotifications",  classStyle: "" },     { name: "orderEdit",    className: "orderEdit", classStyle: "" },     { name: "infoBox", className: "infoBox", classStyle: "" },     { name: "infoBoxContents",     className: "infoBoxContents",  classStyle: "" },     { name: "infoBoxNotice",    className: "infoBoxNotice", classStyle: "" },     { name: "infoBoxNoticeContents", className: "productSpecialPrice", classStyle: "" }, ];

Do this look right?

cheer

Simon

• 1 month later...

I have installed this contribution (which is GREAT), but when I draft an HTML email or newsletter and preview or send it I get a repeat of my table layout without content above the layout of the page I want. ie, I get an extra table layout inserted for no reason. I have checked the code of the page and all is fine. I cant see where/why it would be doing this.

I am using version 2.2 on a Unix server.

Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

Help please! I have the WYSIWYG EDITOR v 1.7 installed and it works absolutely great.....for me.....on my pc.....The trouble is that my customer who I installed the cart for uses MAcintosh computers and it blew me away that they cannot even see the WYSIWYG Editor at all! That's right, no options whatsoever show up. I did not believe it, and saw it for myself. We tried it in Safari, (latest) Internet Explorer, Netscape, and none of the 3 worked, but works great in IE for PC. Anyone know the solution? Totally weird man...

"Your focus is your reality"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I just installed this great contribution.

There are some faults in the installation instruction readme file.

The support topic link is not working.

And at the

STEP 6.0 --> OPEN: /catalog/includes/languages/(your - language)/mail.php

the right path is

STEP 6.0 --> OPEN: /admin/includes/languages/(your - language)/mail.php

I've got an error message in the admin part after click on the catalog/categories&products:

WYSIWYG_HTMLArea_error.jpg

Would any of you mind to take a look on this?

I've got an error message in the admin part after click on the catalog/categories&products:

I'm having the same problem! :angry:

If you figure out a solution, please post it here.

I am using one of the automatic thumbnail creators. Does this conribution void the need for that or is the image resizing just for the html areas edited?

Related to my previous post I'm started to figuring out why dont want to parse my admin site those codes.

I found this instruction in the installation txt file

STEP 1.1g --> FIND: /admin/categories.php

================================================================================

====

Look/search for this around line 1051:

================================================================================

====

} else { // create category/product info

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . EMPTY_CATEGORY . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS);

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

====

And directly UNDERNEATH IT add this:

====

}

break;

}

$box = new box;

// Add neccessary JS for WYSIWYG editor of category image

if($action=='edit_category'){

if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE != 'Disable'){

echo '

<script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>

var config = new Object();  // create new config object

config.width  = "250px";

config.height = "35px";

config.bodyStyle = "background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;";

config.debug = ' . HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DEBUG . ';

config.toolbar = [ ["InsertImageURL"] ];

config.OscImageRoot = "' . trim(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES) . '";

editor_generate("categories_image",config);

</script>

';

}

}

}

It means to me (I'm not a php programmer) that after the php closing tag I should add the above code snippet.

It seems that after the closing tag the server wont parse the code.

So I take it that the code snippet should paste before the php closing tag.

??? :unsure: ???

Andrew

Help please! I have the WYSIWYG EDITOR v 1.7 installed and it works absolutely great.....for me.....on my pc.....The trouble is that my customer who I installed the cart for uses MAcintosh computers and it blew me away that they cannot even see the WYSIWYG Editor at all! That's right, no options whatsoever show up. I did not believe it, and saw it for myself. We tried it in Safari, (latest) Internet Explorer, Netscape, and none of the 3 worked, but works great in IE for PC. Anyone know the solution? Totally weird man...

Help please? Anyone tried to use this on a Macintosh? I can't figure out why it won't work using any of the Mac browsers like Safari, IE5, or Netscape. I already posted, but I think it got lost with new posts.. Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated!

"Your focus is your reality"

I cleaned up the 1.1g step to fit my site.

STEP 1.1g --> FIND: /admin/categories.php

====

Look/search for this around line 1051:

====

}

break;

}

$box = new box;

}

====

And directly UNDERNEATH IT add this:

====

echo '

config.width  = "250px";

config.height = "35px";

config.bodyStyle = "background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;";

</script>

';

}

}

}

And there was an unnecessary little bracket a couple of line later between a php tag cos if I left there it caused an error too.

I started to testing the function of this mod then if I want to add category image and clicking on the edit button then a window uppear with this error message:

categories_image_edit_error.jpg

In this case I dont have a clue what's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have been using WYSIWYG Editor 1.7 and all works ok apart from when I try to send a html email or news letter... The layout looks fine in the editor window... however when the mail/news letter is sent it arrive at the recipients end with the following problem

My problem when the email arrives at the recipient from oscommerce you have to scroll down about 3 to 5 inches to find the message...the first impression is that you received a blank mail...

Anyone help with this one please :blink:

Cheers Malc

HI,

I am having some truble sending emails . Messages are sending fine but arrive like this,

X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Qmail-Scanner-Message-ID: <10933553077485023@secure.******.net>

<P align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff3300 size=3D5><STRIKE>Espen</STR= IKE></FONT></STRONG></P>

Instead of sending it as HTML I just see the code.

Can anyone help me .....

Tx,

Espen

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i think this should be the corrected code

<?php

echo '

config.width  = "250px";

config.height = "35px";

</script>

';

}

}

?>

There is a missing <?php at the beginning and a } too much at the end.

i know absolutely nothing about php but it works for me with these corrections.

greetz

hi,

i think this should be the corrected code

<?php

echo '

config.width  = "250px";

config.height = "35px";

</script>

';

}

}

?>

There is a missing <?php at the beginning and a } too much at the end.

i know absolutely nothing about php but it works for me with these corrections.

greetz

No harm but if you dont know absolutely nothing about php then please dont post wrong codes. I dont know too! :)

The third bracket is necessary too, cos there will be a parse error (again).

The <?php tag is there but 150 lines before.

This debugging error message has nothing to do with beginning or closing php tag and brackets.

This is not a standalone code its an addition described at installation step 1.1g so its not neccessary to have <?php and ?> tags.

With you solution the debugging error message is still there. <_<

as i said, it works for me perfect with absolute no error. because i have no idea about php i can?t say if it?ll work for other people with other contibs included. I did the contrib not on a clean install of osc.