• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

Hi Thomas,

You need to copy all the files and images to the secure server. You'll get

This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?

Whenever there are files (typically logos or other images) not stored on the secure server.

Rob

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(almost)Everything works just great, what a contribution..

just one question about the main page editor:

I can edit this text as long as i set: DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? AT disable (what means that i can`t use bold or underlined or anything like that, I can only use plain text.

As soon as i setDEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? AT enable (the nice one i want to use with all the simple extra`s0 i get the following error in my store:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /var/www/p/pcmegastore/pcmegastore/website/public/catalog/includes/languages/dutch/mainpage.php on line 36 and in my store my 3 new boxes are gone.. :?

this is my mainpage:

<?

/*

mainpage.php ENGLISH by Matthijs - [email protected]

This page will be shown on the first page of the catalog

(default.php) instead of the standard message.

You can write your php/html straight into this.

This means you can drop in another table on the main

page where you could create (manually) a featured product

or just drop in some nice graphics. I've included a small sample

below using existing box-code/stylesheets so you get the idea.

BE AWARE that changes (and possible errors/typo's) are

directly used by the catalog. There is no preview option,

changes are directly 'live'. So be carefull.

All changed and all fixes have been fixed for current snap shot...

Edited by Steven Pignataro ([email protected])

*/

?><!-- MAIN PAGE EXAMPLE START //-->

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD class=main vAlign=top align=right width="50%"><?php

$mainpage_title = "INFORMATIE";

$mainpage_info = "

Momenteel is Pc Megastore nog niet in bedrijf

<p>";

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' =>sdhgsjhsgfjdhsfshfsjdhfjfhghgsfssh'left', 'text' => $mainpage_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $mainpage_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?> </TD>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width="30%"><?

$somebox_title = "Ratings...";

$somebox_info = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_1.gif') . ' Sucks!<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_2.gif') . ' Mwoah<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_3.gif') . ' Okay<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_4.gif') . ' Cool!';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' =>'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?>

<P><?

$somebox_title = "Anouncement:";

$somebox_info = "<center>This website is powered by the best OpenSource e-commerce solution available on the market today:<p>" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif') . '<p>Please contribute to this fantastic project!<br>Visit http://www.oscommerce.com for more details.</center>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' =>'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?> </P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- MAIN PAGE EXAMPLE END //-->

Also in my admin in the box where i typ my text for the main page this is standing in the box..

'left', 'text' => $mainpage_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $mainpage_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?> 'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?>

'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?>

strange ha

So i set DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? back on disable and now when i return to Define Main page this is standing in the box where i typ my text for the main page

<?

/*

*/

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD class=main vAlign=top align=right width="50%">'left', 'text' => $mainpage_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $mainpage_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?> </TD>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width="30%"><?

$somebox_info = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_1.gif') . ' Sucks!<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_2.gif') . ' Mwoah<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_3.gif') . ' Okay<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_4.gif') . ' Cool!';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' =>'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?>

<P><?

$somebox_info = "<center>This website is powered by the best OpenSource e-commerce solution available on the market today:<p>" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif') . '<p>Please contribute to this fantastic project!<br>Visit http://www.oscommerce.com for more details.</center>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' =>'left', 'text' => $somebox_title ); new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true); $info_box_contents = array(); $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => $somebox_info); new infoBox($info_box_contents); ?> </P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- MAIN PAGE EXAMPLE END //-->

and the error is still in my store...(and as you can read i have set DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? back on disable )

To get ris of the error and get my 3 new boxes (Anouncements,Ratings,main page) back i have to upload the original mainpage and overwrite it , put DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? AT disable and now i can just typ plain text again in "Define Main Page" this is standing in the box where i typ my text for the main page wright now:

<?

/*

*/

<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border=0>

<tr>

<td class="main" width=50% valign="top" align="right">

<?php

$mainpage_title = "We've just installed the "Define Mainpage" module!";

$mainpage_info = "

"Define Mainpage" module v1.0 by Matthijs ([email protected])

<p>

This module demonstrates how easy it can be to adapt existing code in OSC.<br>

All I had to do was add one single line to define_languages.php (admin) to make

sure it always looks for the mainpage.php file. Obviously I had to then implement it

in the Admin & Catalog side, but that's not a big deal as you've just found out.<p>

You can edit the contents of this file from within the Admin ( -> CATALOG -> DEFINE MAINPAGE)<br>

For other, less advanced layouts choose either German or Spanish from the language menu. (Provided you've installed

those languages)<p>If you can't open/edit the /[language]/mainpage.php file you should probably set the right permissions. You'll get a warning anyway.

<p>Todo? Future plans? World peace through superior fire power... ehmm.. <br>no I mean a preview option ;)<br>

And perhaps make a few templates for the layout...<p>

I'd appreciate an e-mail if you use this, I'm curious...<br>

Later,<br>

Mattice

";

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => $mainpage_title );

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true);

'text' => $mainpage_info);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

<td width=30% valign="top" align="center">

<?

'text' => $somebox_title );

'text' => $somebox_info);

?>

<p>

<?

'text' => $somebox_title );

'text' => $somebox_info);

?>

</td>

</table>

<!-- MAIN PAGE EXAMPLE END //-->

Now i edit the main text again ,but without the great options..... :roll:

Can anybody help me with this weird error?

besides this everything works just fine(mail, newsletter, product-info editing...everything)

Thank you for your time and patience

TheFinnisher

Did Adrenolin's suggestion of moving all the HTMLArea Folder and contents to the secure server solve you SSL Errors?

I currently dont use SSL so I dont have any suggestions but but moving HTMLArea Folder and Contents to the secure server sounds like the go.

Dyon

The problem you have with define mainpage is the same error that Adrenolin had about 4-5 posts above this one.

When you use HTMLArea with "define main page", trying to mix PHP with HTML will just cause errors like yours, I personally opted to go without PHP on my mainpage and just use plain old HTML generated by the WYSIWYG HTML, (I deleted all the demo PHP code on mainpage and used HTML) its really up to you if you want PHP code on mainpage you should turn off WYIWYG on define mainpage, if your happy using straight HTML like me then there wont be a problem..

Just one other note for people using HTMLArea in descriptions ect..

Putting external links in descriptions can cause problems - like shopping cart contents will be lost, I highly advise to use target="_blank" in hyperlinks this will inturn open a new browser window rather then redirect a user off your site.

The simplest thing to do is open:

catalog/includes/language/(Your Language)/mainpage.php

and delete all the info of the page (IE: Make it Blank) and save it again.

Yes this will fix the Error, it will also delete the 3 Boxes on your homepage because thay are PHP coded and not HTML, trying to use both PHP code and HTML Code with the HTMLArea is inpossible and will cause errors.

Define Mainpage is not my Contribution it is Mattices, I only Added it to my contribution for added features, and ease of use.

Legally I could not delete the PHP info of mainpage.php for my contribuiton as Mattice deserves the recignition for his work on that contribution. he also added copyright info thats needs to be read by users.

magicproshop

I only just realized MS2 was available. I will update my MOD over the next few days to be MS2 compatible.

The new contribution will be reposted under a new name as its current name [Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2 might throw a few people of track. :lol:

Cheers Lee

HI Lee,

i've installed your contribution and all was well, now i tried to make an order and i have received a

Warning: mail(): Failed to Receive in C:Inetpubwwwrootstorecatalogincludesclassesemail.php on line 500

on check out... any ideas,, i have been throught the forum and still no solution.

thanks

P

Hi Genius,

Did the orders work before you installed HTMLArea? I cant see how this contribution could have that affect, try replacing admin/mail.php with your original and see if it makes any difference but that error looks more like a windows mail server error.... do you have a SMTP mail server installed and configured..

try searching the forum for SMTP and Windows.

also check your windows/php.ini or winnt/php.ini settings are setup for mail sending.

Cheers Lee

Thanks Farrukh

The sooner I know of errors the sooner I can fix them. :cry:

BTW, MS2 2.2 Update Release has just been uploaded to the Contributions Section, I hope I included everything - Im sure I will hear about it if I have forgotten something :lol:

This Mod has been uploaded under a new name and contribution number due to the original name stating is was a MS1 release and is not compatiable with MS2, -- same goes with this MS2 release its not backwards compatiable with older versions of oscommerce.

So heres the Link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1279

----------------------------------------------------

WYSIWYG HTML EMAIL, NEWSLETTER, PRODUCT DESC, HOMEPAGE, MS2 2.2 v1.7

MODIFIED - UPDATED FOR OSCOMMERCE MS2 2.2

A Full Copy-Paste Solution for Installing HTMLAREA WYSIWYG v1.7 on a Clean MS2 2.2 Installation.

(ALSO INCLUDES DETAILED STEP-BY-STEP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS)

The Whole Contribution can be Enabled and Disabled at will via the Admin

Individual HTMLAREA's can be Enabled, Disabled, Resized, COLOURED AND TEXT FORMATTED.

Advanced and Standard GUI's Options for all HTML Toolbars.

Adds Mattice's Popular Define Main Page Contribution..

- Create and Edit your index.php (Home Page) using the WYSIWYG HTMLArea

- http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,86

OUT-OF-THE BOX HTML EMAIL - Ready Enabled for use with:

- Products Descriptions (HTML)

- Send Email (HTML)

- Newsletter (HTML)

- NEW! Define Main Page (HTML)

OTHER USE'S

- CATEGORY DESCIPTIONS (HTML)

- INFORMATION PAGES UNLIMITED(HTML)

- UNLIMITED USAGE...

Added Support of osCommerce stylesheet.css

- Use osCommerce CCS Style Sheet Class Tags in descriptions

- Also ALLOWS External Preview with osCommerce Custom Style Sheets

Includes Features:

- Upload Images Directly Into your Products, Categories, Email, Newsletter Descriptions.

- Upload Files for Customer Download, Creates a Direct Download Link in Products, Categories, Email, Newsletter Descriptions

- Manage Your IMAGES with Ease, Create, Delete, Organaise, Rename FOLDERS and Upload IMAGES *Requires FULL READ - WRITE ACCESS to IMAGE DIR

- Manage Your FILES with Ease, Create, Delete, Organaise, Rename FOLDERS and Upload FILES *Requires FULL READ - WRITE ACCESS to DOWNLOAD DIR

- Supports predifined *Custom FORMATED Text Functions for repetitve tasks, example: Email Intro's and Signatures.

This Contribution ALSO Allows for COPYING and PASTING of READY FORMATTED TEXT, IMAGES and PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

TO BE PASTED Directly into the WYSIWYG Editor - From Microsoft WORD, Microsoft FRONTPAGE, EMAILS, WEB PAGES and basically anything in RTF.

A Perfect Solution for ready formatted item description intergration in osCommerce.

1. System Requirements

- osCommerce MS2 2.2

- PHPMyAdmin or Other SQL Database Import Tool

- Internet Explorer 5.5 or Above (IE 5.5)

*..WARNING..*

IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO MAKE A BACK-UP OF THESE FILES FIRST **

Whenever Importing any new SQL files to your Database ALWAYS do a FULL

DATABASE EXPORT first: include STRUCTURE, DATA and DROPTABLE - this

enables a quick restore alternative if errors do occurer, I have assigned

configuration_group_id to 112 to avoid any possible conflicts

with other contributions.

Use Contributions at your own Risk.

Cheers MaxiDVD :lol:

Download the 2.2 MS2 Release here:

Hi lee,

my mail used to work, before, i use smpt, and it's on my local pc.. I have tried to updated the mail.php file but still no joy, so i have replaced all my files with my back up and will try it once more again. after replacing my back up file the mail worked...

I will post you any progress.. also you mentioned about version 1.7, the latest is version 1.66, have you updated the contribution and if you could send the link... appreciate it...

speak to you later

P.

I think your a bit mixed up :oops: - here is the correct links:

Download HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2 Release here:

Download MS2 HTML WYSIWYG Editor, Product Desc, Email + Release here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

:bigups: :oha: :sly:

Hello,

I just installed this great contrib as the first mod on a fresh MS2.

Everything is just fine.. EXCEPT:

When I try to use the "Link to a file" icon an error occure:

Configuration problem: "/home/******/public_html/catalog/download" does not exist.

That's right because I don't have a "catalog" folder (the shop is installed in the public_html direcory).

So, please tell me where I need to change (fix ?) this path.

Also, I can't figure out how to setup some "Custom info" for repetitive use.

Thank you for helping,

Clement

Sure.

But the path for it is

/home/******/public_html/download

NOT

/home/******/public_html/catalog/download

As I said the script isn;t installed under a "catalog" directory ... It is instaled in the domain root directory..

Thank you,

Clement

Hi Clement

open:

adminhtmlareapopupsfileconfig.inc.php

You will see I added osCommerce defines into the config settings to make for a simple plug and play solution on oscommerce default installations directory structure.

two things you can do:

drop the *required file back to webroot level rather then catalog level - change the second line:

require('../../../includes/configure.php');

to:

require('../../includes/configure.php');

Save file and try link to file again.

If this does not work, manually write in your webserver root structure.

I also included the original ( non-modified ORIGINALconfig.inc.php ) for this reason, open it and have a look at how to define your own direct paths its quite simple and is very similar to the way osCommerce is setup in both its include/configure.php files.

adminhtmlareapopupsfileORIGINAL_config.inc

Also, I can't figure out how to setup some "Custom info" for repetitive use.

Open:

adminhtmlareapopupscustom2.php
(with HTML editing program, notepad - wordpad ect..

FIND THIS and add lines to it:

<option>These drop down choices is comming from</option>

<option>admin/htmlarea/popups/custom2.php</option>

<option>Customize em to your needs</option>

<option>add new lines here like so...</option>

<option>add new lines here like so.......</option>

<option>add new lines here like so...........</option>

Hi Ian,

Contribution _requires_ Windows version of IE 5.5?

Version 2.0 does not work on Mac's under IE or any other infact,

find the current download here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

I will look at updating htmlarea to 3.0 alpha soon but due to its newness, some of the mods where not available for it like - Image Upload and Link to File, as soon as I can confirm these mods have been updated for use with 3.0 I will update too.

alternativaly osCommerce users are more then welcome to try the update for themselves.

should be a simple htmlarea folder replacement step (Backups first) I have not tried it yet.

Cheers Lee :lol:

*Edited in co-operation with Lee* - Johnson

Thanks Farrukh

The sooner I know of errors the sooner I can fix them. :cry:

BTW, MS2 2.2 Update Release has just been uploaded to the Contributions Section, I hope I included everything - Im sure I will hear about it if I have forgotten something :lol:

This Mod has been uploaded under a new name and contribution number due to the original name stating is was a MS1 release and is not compatiable with MS2, -- same goes with this MS2 release its not backwards compatiable with older versions of oscommerce.

This is great. Another work well done.

Ill give this one a try :)

Thanks

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your help.

Here is what works for my problem:

admin/htmlarea/popups/file/config.inc.php

In this file, between the lines 14-16 I found a hardcoded path:

//this is where the files will be stored relative to the $BASE_DIR (and $BASE_URL)

//this directory MUST be readable AND writable by the web server.

$BASE_ROOT = 'catalog/download';

So, I have to change "catalog/download" to "download" ..

Thank you for the custom info inserting help, too.

Also, I have to know 2 more things:

1. How to create a custom button?

- how to create the reaction on click for that custom buton;

- how to change the face (grafhics) of any custom button

2. How to handle the showing and not showing a custom button in different pages (product description or email sending...)

I ask that because I noticed for example that in the basic mode, is a custom button for inserting some html code (a logo from http://www.kmart.com.au/images/top/KmartLogo.gif and some text).

So, can I have a custom button displayed in the "Send Email" section but not in the "Product description".

Also, this button is in the basic mode but isn't in the advanced mode.

IF the answers of my questions are in this topic (in the previous posts) JUST TELL ME ...

I wont to spend your time with no reason.

Thank you very much for your support.

Clement

hello

first of all (i`ve said it before) this is a great contrib. to osc. way to go maxidvd.

my problem is that i cannot upload pics, or create directories. i checked if the images folder is chmod 777 (it was), i checked if the php scripts in /htmlarea/ and i set them all (i guess) to 777.

i have cleared my cache tried to upload again, but still nothing.

a little help pls, i am running osc ms2 with latest contrib for ms2 on a linux server.

S. Ghita

Serban Ghita - my blog

Clement,

You got me started on a better predifined input solution, should have some progress up here by tommorow. much simpler then before - aiming at the different buttons per page solution. unfortuanalty using buttons on the toolbar would be impossible for me to do, so I have created custom HTML buttons below the HTMLArea - will see how it goes.

Take alook at this:

http://www.maxidvd.com.au/ms1/admin/mail.php

username: demo

Password: demo

thanks zamolxe.

Are you getting any errors at all?

can you elaborate a bit on what happens when you attempt upload or folder creation.

Lee[/b]

WHOAHOO, MAXI!!!

I am quite new to osCommerce and just exploring all its pros and cons. Today I dropped onto your contrib. I have to say that I am amazed!!! This really lifts an already good product to a new level of usability. GREAT!

I am very curious about the platform independent HTMLarea version. I used the HTML editor of IE5.5+ myself in several projects (but surely not as beautiful as HMTLarea does) but I never thought anyone could provide a platform independent solution as the IE5.5 MSHTML-editor is completely woven into the browser. Do they use Java to make it work on other platforms?

BTW:

I think I have a little bug to report...

You set the images and download paths for the popups based on DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT and DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES.

At least in my case (Osc not installed in the root of a server but in a virtual path) this fails, as DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT ends in .../catalog/ and DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES starts with /virtualpath/catalog/...

Concatenating these two results definitely in the wrong path.

A solution that works for virtual paths would be:

define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES));

(in htmlarea/popups/config.inc.php)

This should work for virtual paths as well as for root installations.

For the same reason you would have to implement the following change:

$BASE_DIR = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

$BASE_ROOT = 'download';

(in htmlarea/popups/file/config.inc.php)

Now that I have seen these great tools I think about using the image maintenance popup for uploading and managing the article images too...

Thanks again for this GREAT contribution!

Jpsy

DigiLog multimedia, Saarbr?cken, Germany

zam

Take a look at this forum, it may have more answers for you as to why you are getting that error with upload, I dont know if its a permission or configuration error.

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Ope...ea_Add-Ons_F19/

If you do figure it out, perhaps you can post your solution incase others incounter the same problem. :lol:

Hi Jpsy

If you are running an Operating System different to Windows, you may want to have a gander at HTMLArea 3.0 Alpha its not officially released as its still being tested for bugs but will run on just about all OS's, I did try it a while back but found some problems - they may have been fixed now: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Ope...a_release_P7101

Looks like the image uploader is available for v3.0 now :P

Java to make it work on other platforms?

Its a Java/PHP Combo - ASP versions available to.

I think I have a little bug to report...

You set the images and download paths for the popups based on DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT and DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES.

At least in my case (Osc not installed in the root of a server but in a virtual path) this fails, as DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT ends in .../catalog/ and DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES starts with /virtualpath/catalog/...

Concatenating these two results definitely in the wrong path.

A solution that works for virtual paths would be:

Code:

define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES));

(in htmlarea/popups/config.inc.php)

This should work for virtual paths as well as for root installations.

For the same reason you would have to implement the following change:

Code:

$BASE_DIR = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

$BASE_ROOT = 'download';

Yes good point, I will make that change for future releases as it has caused some confusion (and errors in some cases).

Later. :lol: