• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Design "How To" explained

jesse9201

Hello,

I visited the wiki and the guide at osdox.com, but still am having a bit of difficulty understanding how to change the layout of OSC.

I know how to change the header.php, but I would like to use a regular html template design and incorporate that into the rest of OSC.

For example: I would like a site that looks like: http://www.giftree.com its' nice and simple.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Is there any lengthier or "by example" tutorial somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I don't think there is a "tutorial" (may cause copyright problems). However, I started w/o any php knowledge but knowledge of DHTML and HTML in general and now I have customized 3 shopping carts: one of which represents my webhosting and which contains only "virtual products" i.e. "services". I found the biggest help was to use the "contributions" especially the "contribution" that allows replacing the info boxes' heading text with images above and below the infobox. Over time I got better at everything else but you have to understand some php and DHTML in general. Hope this helps.

Archived