• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help: configuration warning messages for fopen, fput, fclose

Matt_Svoboda

I completed step 2 of the configuration and it claims that it was successful but I get the attached warnings.

Thanks in advance for any help!

New Install

Step 2: osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/usr/home/web/domains/www.blinkengineering.com/html/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 114

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 115

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 116

Warning: fopen(/usr/home/web/domains/www.blinkengineering.com/html/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 164

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 165

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

The configuration was successful!

I also get this error when trying to open mysite/admin/index.php.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/home/web/users/a0020519/html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Matt, I'm a novice myself but it appears you either have the wrong password entered or maybe the wrong username. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Derek

Furniture factory worker, aspiring millionaire.

It looks like you have entered incorrect information for your document root.

You should also check your database entries (server, user, password, and database).

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I'm having part of the same trouble Matt is having. As far as the directories go is admin supposed to be in the catalog directory. I saw it like that in some of the documentation but mine isn't.

Step 2: osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 164

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 165

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

The configuration was successful!(I wish!!)

Derek

A lot of people roll the admin folder under the catalog folder while other leave them separate. It really is up to you.

If you wish to leave them as they are, change your pathing for the webserver admin to be /admin/ instead of /catalog/admin/ and that will resolve your problem.

Or if you decide to move the admin folder under the catalog folder, leave the pathing as /catalog/admin/.

It makes no difference in regards to the operation of the application.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks for the quick reply daemonj. I just finished doing exactly what you said. Now my error has changed to ...

Warning: fopen(/home/copperhe/www/test/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 164

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 165

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/copperhe/www/test/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

Evidently I must have the wrong permissions for a file according to the first warning. I'm still working on it. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Derek

What are the permissions on the admin/includes/configure.php file?

It sounds like they are not 706.

706 is actually not listed on my control panel. Out of all my permissions listed on the control panel only 777 would take all the warnings away. But when I click on catalog I get a warning that it is possible to write to the configure file. It seems that something is wanting to write to the configure file.

Derek

777 will be fine to get through the installation.

Once you have completed the installation, set the permissions on both of your configure.php files to 644.

The application tests to see if the files can be written to. If they can, then it provides the warning as it is a security risk.

I wish I would have read your last reply before I just went through all this trouble. Like you said the permissions need to be set to write for the install then changed after that. Live and learn.

:lol:

Derek

Hey, I tried. ;)

Glad to hear that you at least got it going.

Archived