• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error processing credit card

I have setup the OScommerce that was installed directly from the hosting company through Fantastico. I set the shop live and created a test item but when I go to confirm order I get error "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again".

I was reading as much as I could from the forum about this problem, tried the debug mode and received:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

Response Code = 3

Response Reason Code = 103

This transaction cannot be accepted.

I searched again in the forum for this specific error but no luck.

Please help.

Anthony

Verify that your username and transaction id are correct in Admin ~ Modules ~ Payment.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I did check the username and transaction id under Admin ~ Modules ~ Payment. I noticed that for Transaction ID I was using was the password to get into the Authorize.net site. I searched and found a 6-digit Transaction key in one of the emails Authorize.net sent and I entered it into OsCommerce.

I repeated the processing of buying an item on my shopping carts, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Anthony

An error code of 103 means a valid fingerprint, transaction key, or password is required for this transaction.

Therefore, one of those is incorrect or missing. Verify with Authorize.net that the information you have is correct and matches what is in their system.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks for your input.

While waiting for your answer, I decided to call Authorize.net and see if they had an idea of what the problem could be and they told me that the transaction ID is the number that you generate from the Authorize.net panel (Obtain transaction ID). After I entered the right transaction ID # into OsCommerce, I got another error message (reason error code=24) that was indicating that either NOVA's bank account # or transaction ID # were not matching and after conferencing both Authorize.net and NOVA, Authorize.net changed the Bank Account # to the right one and now I'm able to process the transaction.

I hope this helps anybody in the same situation.

Thanks for your help.

Anthony

Thanks for coming back and posting that information! :)

Thank you for this productive exchange of information. I experienced the same errors, and it was here that I learned about the TXNKey which I never got from Authorize.net. From this point on it was easy: I went to secure.authorize.net, logged in my account, went to settings clicked on "Obtain Transaction Key" and I got it on the fly. I plugged it into osCommerce Admin and it WORKS LIKE CHARM!

On the same note.. i also use authorize.net and they apparently going to change soon from just allowing the txnkey to requiring that both a txnkey and password be submitted in the request to process credit cards. Are any of you able to send a password with your informaiton to auth.net? I dont think that the current auth.net payment module currently supports that ..........

I just found out that the Authorize.net gateway I was sold is an emulation. It's hosted by eprocessingnetwork.com. They require a user name & password for authorization, not a trx. key. Anyone know how to make the SIM module work? (This must not be a very good emulation, as their tech support wasn't familiar with either SIM or ADC.)

THanks

Lee

On the same note.. i also use authorize.net and they

apparently going to change soon from just allowing the txnkey to requiring that both a txnkey and password be submitted in the request to process credit cards. Are any of you able to send a password with your informaiton to auth.net? I dont think that the current auth.net payment module currently supports that ..........

• 2 weeks later...
I just found out that the Authorize.net gateway I was sold is an emulation. It's hosted by eprocessingnetwork.com. They require a user name & password for authorization, not a trx. key. Anyone know how to make the SIM module work? (This must not be a very good emulation, as their tech support wasn't familiar with either SIM or ADC.)

THanks

Lee

I am not sure what you mean by get the SIM module to work - it works great for everyone so far. Usually the only problems are due to Authorize.net setting the account up incorrectly.

There is also a contribution that uses the ADC method.

The problem was getting it to work with eProcessingNetwork's authorize.net emulation. I found a dedicated EPN module in the contributions that works in SIM-like fashion (flip to EPN page & hit return button back to site), but it doesn't allow ANY modification, like passing CVV2 info, which they accept in their "transparent db method" which uses cURL & is intended to work like the ADC contribution. But their documentation & support is lousey & no one there can explain how to implement the transparent method with osC.My hack of the ADC contribution with renamed fields and the ePN URL didn't work. So I'm stuck with the leave-the-site method.

THanks

Lee

I am not sure what you mean by get the SIM module to work - it works great for everyone so far. Usually the only problems are due to Authorize.net setting the account up incorrectly.

There is also a contribution that uses the ADC method.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I took your statement of "getting the SIM method to work" as a general statement (i.e. it just plain does not work for anybody). ;)

Perhaps you might consider switching your merchant account?

I am sorry that I am not able to assist you with your problem but I wish you good luck in finding a resolution.

One of these responses mentions a Debug mode. How do I run authorize.net in debug mode?

I tried adding these lines from another post, but got only a blank screen:

foreach($response as $key=>$value) // Testing { echo "$key: $value<br>"; } // Testing echo out the result from authorizenet exit; // Testing

I am using the ADC Direct Connection contribution from Nguyen and Drake. Is this ADC really the same as Authorize.Net's AIM, or is ADC Direct Connection being phased out by Authorize.Net?

We are getting an error message "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." on the checkout_payment.php screen.

Also, on my admin form for payments, the Authorize.Net options do not include a Merchent email notification option, nor a place to enter the Transaction Key (I manually put it into the configuration table), and there is a blank text box at the bottom with no title on it explaining what should go in the box. How can I update this admin screen?

I have installed the contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,725

Thanks,

-Matt

If you want to see an output of what Authorize.net is returning to your cart using the ADC contribution (using PHP_CURL.DLL) you can add the line (or edit the appropriate line):

curl_setopt ($curl_handle, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 0);

That causes CURL to print out what Authorize.net returns instead of passing it to the $response variable.

Also, ADC is the same as AIM. That is, AIM is a form of ADC. Or in other words, ADC does the same thing as AIM. I mean... ok - basically Authorize.net renamed its methods but AIM and ADC are essentially the same thing. They both involve your server and Authorize.net's server talking directly. ADC is secure so it's not being phased out - I believe what is being phased out is WebLink. From the WebLink conversion guide on Authorize.net's website: "With the release of SIM, ADC Direct Response has been renamed to Advanced Integration Method (AIM). If you currently use the ADC Direct Response connection method, you are already using AIM and do not need to convert."

You can read more of the guide here: http://www.authorizenet.com/files/conversionguide.pdf if you desire.

I'm using the other method:

exec("/usr/bin/curl -d "$data" https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll", $response);

Is t here a way to get the error messages using that?

I tried using the PHP_CURL.dll, but it didn't work. I have a request in to the host to build CURL/OPENSSL, but haven't heard back. Apparently they do have it enabled as a command line, because the above code seems to work (or could I get the "Processing Error Please try again" message if CURL didn't work?).

Thanks for clearing up the ADC/AIM issue.

-Matt

Just got off the phone with Authorize.Net. Apparently the OSCommerce cart hasn't even been communicating with them, it is generating this message internally.

I don't think it is in test mode, and I think I have the right user account number (on the admin screen) and password (in the code itself). However, my admin screen seems to be messed up (see my original post for description). Is there a way to get the current copy of the admin screen (under Payment modules), or is it something to do with the database?

Alternatively, the CURL could be bad, and I'm just not getting an error message. How can I diagnose this?

Thanks,

-Matt

I am receiving this error when connecting to authorize.net.

"An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the Merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service."

I recieve an email stating the reason:

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail [email protected] if you have any questions.

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 0

Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the Merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Authorize.net states that they are trying to redirect the customer back to my site and that the shopping cart I am using wont allow this to happen. Any ideas? I am pulling hair at this pont. :cry:

The only time that I have seen that message was when I had the directory password protected.

You could always edit your catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php file to set the form_action_url to https://www.yourdomain.com/_debug.php.

Then create the catalog/_debug.php file with the following contents:

<?php

print_r($_POST);

?>

and that will show you what osC is sending to Authorize.net. Verify that the information is correct, especially the x_relay_url setting.

After you get this information, be sure to reset the authorizenet.php file's form_action_url back to the original setting or else your customer's will really be wondering. ;)

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat as those with Authorizenet problems. I had my cart and AIM/ADC tested and working months ago. I haven't touched anything on my site for the past few months and then had customers complain recently of trouble checking out.

Now, I'm having trouble b/c it is not communicating with Authorizenet. I am using v. 2.2 and B. Nguyen's & Peter Drake's contributions, using the Curl dll method.

Using the debug messages as indicated by B. Nguyen, I am able to print out what I the customer has entered. However, upon trying to verifry the result from Authorizenet, I get a blank white page. Nothing is returned.

Would appreciate some insight or trouble shoooting...

Thank you.

Have you tried debugging what Authorize.net returns?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. With the help of this forum, especially Jim, I use this code change to troubleshoot the problem and was able to fix the problem. If you need somewhere to start, start here...

.public_html/shoppingcart/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php

//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_ERROR_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode($_POST['x_response_reason_code'] . ' - ' . $_POST['x_response_reason_text']), 'SSL', true, false));

Thank you very much guys, this problem was killing me for a week now, until I fixed it today, thanks to the people in this forum.

BTW, does anyone know how I can find what version OSC I'm running and is it posible to upgrade to the current version? Any known problem upgrading, should I or shouldn't I?

Henry

• 10 months later...

I'm getting the same exact error message as 'mousover2'. I followed Daemonj's advice and posted the info to a debug page. I'm not real sure where to look for problems. I used the tool on www.sluggis.com and it checked the fingerprint/timestamp and that showed everything to be correct(hash). Is there something in particular that I need to look for in posting the information being passed to authorize?

thanks,

ronn

When you guys run into the timed-out problem, is that specific transaction listed in under the "Unsettled Transactions" log of your Authorize.net account?

Thanks

Archived