Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with checkout_process.php works only about 5%


Guest

Recommended Posts

Please help, I have having trouble with my checkout_process, it is only working once in a while. Can I update to the newest version to try to fix this, and will I have to readd all of addon contributions I have made?

Thanks for any suggestions

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, if you update to the latest version you will need to install all of the contributions that you have.

 

What is the problem that you are having?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

when I go through the checkout and after you hit confrim, it about 95% of the time goes to a server can not find page error. The other 5% of the time it just works find and goes to the sucess.php screen. I think I just need to update to the 2.2 version, can you advise me of what all I will need to change after installing the new files.

 

Should I just upgrade and then readd all of the contributions I have working, like printable catalog, payment logo addons, and I changed most of the images to one of the ones in the contributions. Please let me know what I will need to change. I read something somewhere about putting certain files in the /includes/local/ folder, to make it update it self???

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What version of osCommerce are you currently running?

 

Is the Page Not Found error typically related to a particular payment method?

 

For example, Credit Card payments always work but PayPal gives the failure?

 

Updating is not for the faint of heart and is not to be taken too lightly. Just to let you know. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I am running 2.1 version, and it seems to get that error equally, on all payment types. As for updating, I think that it would be the best way to fix all of my problems, I have switch from a home windows server, to a host running linex and I think it might be easier to just upgrade and readd my contributions,

I know this is going to be some work, but I have been working on this problem and many more as they come up from moving servers. I think this might be the best way to start fresh. I have only added a few contributions and I dont think it is going to be to hard to fix.

 

I have added, payment logos box, printable catalog, meta tags lines for search engines, and changed most of the images. Please let me know what you think.

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also can i make another copy of my catalog and call it catalog2 and change the congfige file to match it, and test it under /catalog2/ until i get it all work correctly?

or will this cause database problems, I wont add any item to this new catalog, just want to add contributins and get it working before I try it??

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, you can certainly install a 2.2 version to your server and use a different database all without affecting your current store.

 

When you are ready to go live just switch over to using the folder that has the new files.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...