• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce features...

mingteikg

Here's my problem. The site I'm working on has maybe 18 or 19 products (stained glass pieces), but each product has variations. I need to be able to specify 2 and maybe 3 variations as dropdowns. Those would be chosen by the buyer from, in some cases over 20 options. The product is not ready made, so the buyer is actually putting in an order with his credit card info which of course must be protected. The credit card would be processed offline when the product is finished. There would be no merchant account. Is this possible with that software?

Can the above be done in oscommerce?

1)Is it possible to change the look of the store for instance the colors? Can I remove some of the little side things that don't necessarily apply like "Manufacturers"? And can I get it to have my category open when people get there? Right now it opens with nothing til you hit the category.

2)How do get to all the files like the shopping cart page to replace the banner art? Right now because I changed the size on the store page all the other pages have stretched art on top, but I can't get to them - can I?

3)And this is a big worry - the last page of the order area says the product will be delivered in 2-5 working days. Our store is selling orders for something that won't be delivered til it's created, maybe 3 weeks or so later. Can this be changed?

4. Do I need to purchase a cert to have a secure https website?

Archived