• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate 1.0 - Im lost

mikez68

I have installed the contribution (as well as I can) and am unsure what to do next. I find affiliate program as the last option under configuration on the admin side. Where do I go from here? I have customers who want to link to my site with a commission on sales. Is this even the contribution I am looking for? Sourceforge hasn't helped and searching affiliate on these forums is returning way too many results. Please assist.

MikeZ68aol.com

www.dezinercatalog.com - the site im installing to

www.computercommune.com

In uploading the files for OSC-Affiliate 1.0 I used cute FTP.

It complained that files already existed in the CVS directories, and since the existing files were larger than the new files, I kepth the older. They were Root, Entries, Repostiry. I only have a remedial veiw of CVS and have never used it to help update my site. Will this cause problems with my site, or the OSC-Affiliate 1.0 contrib i am installing?

Affiliate Banner Manager

Banners Product ID Statistics Action

1146 - Table 'dezinerc_osc2.TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS

[TEP STOP]

have a read thru the readme file that comes with the osC Affiliate module.

You need to load the affiliate tables into your oscommerce database and do the editing that is mentioned in the install instructions found in the readme file.

I made all mods in the documentation, but i cant figure out how to use it.

I have the control panel (affiliate program) in my admin area under configuration, with options like pay affiliate with pay-pal. How can my affiliates sign up, and what should their link to my site look like? Also looking at the branding idea, as i have had a customer ask for it.

Please help...

Mike Z