• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Biz name different from website nameS (Your Opinion!)

Hi,

Consider a situation where..

A company called ABC company has websites like 123shop.com and abcbuys.com and 456shopper.com. All websites are owned and operated by one company and the credit card charge shows as the mother company name, not the website name.

Does this hurt sales?

I would love to see some opinions posted here.

Not as long as you would make it clear to your clients.

I wouldn't like ABC on my creditcard slip while I shopped at 123....

it will lead to confusion unless the e-mail / confirmation page spells something like "All transactions will be done by ABC"

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Thanks for your post mattice.

All other opinions greatly appreciated. I am not asking advice here, I am basically conducting a poll of opinions on this matter. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

We do it, sales are fine. Just be sure to say in there purchase letter how the bill will reflect, it the surprise or "who is this?" when then look at thier bill. Mnay large companies do it..even before the internet.

Have fun

Sean

Yeah i think it is fine too, just make sure you have that line somewhere "your credit card will be billed by our main company ABC" or similar.

I have no problem with it, i am setting up a site and I have found that there name will not help with SEO at all. So we have named the shop something that no one else has, bought the domain and set it all up under the other name. We have put on our front page, "Welcome to abc the internet store for 123 services." Or similar ;)

I would have to agree with everyone else.

So long as the customer is informed of who the charge will appear from everything will be fine.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived