• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error & SQL sytax error....problems installing HEL

macsnjets

I just installed 2.2 and I'm getting the following messages. When I click on the administration button the admin/index.php page shows only this:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/web21/omega/steves/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 190

when I click on the catalog I get this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW' at line 1

select products_id, products_image, products_tax_class_id, products_price from products where products_status = '1' order by products_date_added desc limit MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW

I'm pretty well lost so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

it looks like the default language file is not set

go into your admin and go to localization and then to languages and make certain you have a language specified as the default language

I thought it was something like that but I can't even get into the admin. Its the latest snapshot 20030521 and everything uploaded ok.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/web21/omega/steves/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 190

Thats all I get when i click on the admin button at the end of installation.

Almost the same now when I select the catalog just seems to be a different line (276) the max_random_select_new problem is not even there now. I think that may have been a problem with the data base but let me solve this languages issue first.:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/web21/omega/steves/www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 267

if you are not going to be using multiple languages you can just edit that file so it read 'english.php'

if you are going to use multiple languages than use phpmyadmin to edit your database - you need to find in configuration values then default language and enter EN as the value

Ok I got a lot further. The Max_random_select was a problem with the data inserted or should I say not inserted in the data base however I've gotten into the admin pages but when I select the languages page I get the following displayed:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'h'? ' at line 1

h'?

i have seen that error once before and i know its an easy fix, the problem is i can't remember what the fix is :?

i know it will come to me.........

For the languages to work I inserted a "1" for languages_id on the languages.php page but is that what I'm supposed to do? I just did it for trial and error and it worked but I'm clueless with the currencies and I'm getting the similar error from other pages within admin. the default values are showing as entered in the configuration data base table.

$lng_query = tep_db_query("select code from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where languages_id = 1'" . tep_db_input($lID) . "'");

I think I got it all figured out. With all the other problems I was having and uploading different versions and problems getting the data to enter in the database tables I forgot to set the permissions on the configure.php file in admin. I think I set everything else back to normal and now I'm just going thru everything. Thanks.

we all started at the beginning and trust me, we have all gone blind staring at code... glad to hear you figured it out :wink:

Archived