• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ready to take orders.... Now what?

hello, my website is ready to take orders :) there are still a few things that need fixing, graphics etc but i have loads of stock and need to sell it.

i've done the adwords on google and within the last 6 hours had 500+ views, but only 19 clicked.... not too bad i supposed. i worked out that the type of site i have there will be a lot of people looking.

anyway what do i do now? i've fixed my meta tags, done the robots.txt, submitted to a few search engines.... do i just sit back and wait for the spiders to come?

is there anything else i should be doing? i've read lots of guides and i'll be honest... i dont really understand them :P

maybe someone could explain from their own experience.

this is a great community and my website wouldnt be 5% of what it is if it wasnt for you guys! so thx thx thx :inlove:

p.s. PHP = stressful :P but its almost over.

It depends on how much traffic you want.

I can tell you this, don't expect alot of traffic without paying for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Traffic isn't the real solution IMHO.

You can get all the traffic in the world (and you will get some eventually with what you are selling) but what you need are buying customers.

So I would look to advertise your site in magazines like <M> or any other written media that caters your potential customers. Might not be as cheap as a few keyadds on Google but at least the people that hit your site are looking to buy clothing, they're not there for the "naughty pics"

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

From what I know of SEO, you will be banned from most search engines (even google) if you are submitting your home page becaue you home page has a redirect to your catalog dir.

What words/phrases are you using on your Adwords campaign ?

99% of the people I see using Adwords are using useless words/phrases that means they are throwing good money away...

Archived