• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL database connection

Patch

Hi,

I'm having problems getting OsC to connect to our database. I have imported the tables into our database and know our connection and details are correct, but it says unable to connect to database?

These are the the deatils i changed in the application_top file...

define('DB_SERVER', $HTTP_ENV_VARS['xxxxxx']);

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 1);

Obviously the x's contain the details supplied to me by our host, and the ones i used to import the sql database.

Any suggestions?

Patch

Thanks for that. It detected the database ok, and i can now see the catalog however during installation i got these errors...

Warning: fopen("/web/web/www.purospuros.com/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - No such file or directory in /opt/home2/purospuros/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 164

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /opt/home2/purospuros/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 165

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /opt/home2/purospuros/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

And if i go to the admin/index.php page i get this error...

Warning: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /opt/home2/purospuros/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /opt/home2/purospuros/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Any suggestions?

Patch

Archived