• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping cart empty!!!!

Hey Guys..

I have some problem with my site...when I click "in cart" button and after that my shopping cart empty...nothing insert anything...can any one help me...what wrong in my site, you can check my site at http://www.shopping-indonesia.com

I use SSL and I get this problem.

When I am not use SSL the site work fine...

I have the same problem on my customer's server. It works fine on my server. I found the problem but did not find a fix yet:

if this function is called in application_top.php:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

the item is put into the cart but the cart is not stored in the current session. Therefore the following redirect-header will return a session with an empty cart:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

I am still searching what the problem is. I find it is very strange that it runs on my server with PHP 4.3 and not at the customer's site with PHP 4.1

Maybe session handling is different here.

Marian

Which one of the contribution you added and it stoped working try to undo it or replace your application_top.php with your old working backup.

sorry I forgot to mention that I just use a snapshot from yesterday. No contribution added yet :wink:

Marian

First off, let me say, osCommerce looks very promising, a great thanks to those involved in this project. Now, I installed osCommerce yesterday, I've tried 2.2 MS1, and CVS, both with the same results. Via SSL or not, after adding something to my cart, it will disappear when i try to checkout, or buy something else. The only odd thing is, when I *FIRST* login the account, it shows everything I've previously selected in my cart, but beyond that page, I get nothing in my shopping cart (and I cannot checkout the items listed, it will once again, say there's nothing there.) I'm unsure what to do at this point, I've tried the sessions tracked by file, and by mysql, I've played with forcing SSL, and not, the site is currently up and running with all the defaults, as I just did another clean install (well, i tweaked a couple things - as in store name) it can be found at : http://estore.gulfgate-inc.com

Any comments or suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, it'd probably help if you knew what I was running:

(Don't ask why I'm not running 4.8-STABLE on this server.. :)

Server OS: FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE

Database: MySQL 3.23.55

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.3.2RC4 mod_perl/1.27 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6g

PHP Version: 4.3.2RC4 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Hey mrplastik

I don't really understand you mean... I must make 2 installation???, 1 in public folder and 1 in ssl folder???...and how about session tracking how activated 2 sessions...traking by file and mysql

No no, My shopping cart is also broken. I was posting, asking how to fix as well - only difference is, my shopping cart doesn't work at all, yours seems to atleast in 1 mode.. I'm probably overlooking some mundane detail, I'm sure my problem will be an easy fix.

Hey Jaysin, Thank you for looking back my site...

After I say give up, I try to copy catalog folder to the secure folder ( www/ssl), and I make change to login.php, etc....the site look fine now.

But I still want to have only 1 folder, like only in secure folder (can I do that???). I try only use file in secure folder but can't....the site have problem...like shopping cart empty again, picture's not show....etc.

May be you can help me too about, how I can calculate shipping use cargo...I mean to cubic meter....because my site will sell furniture too.

Thank you....nice see you.

When I click on your link I see all the files and folder in it so first you need an htaccess file their. When I go to default.php it direct me to https://s.hostingprod.com/@www.shopping-ind...log/default.php You have to check with your hosting company, I guess you are using a shared SSL. If they are offering you shared ssl and it is not on the same servers then you have to upload your files on both places. and every time you add a product you have to upload the pictures manually to the other folder. Other then that you will not see any other problem, if you are using the same database.

Hey...

Yes i use shared ssl ...I try to upload .htaccess but can't, and i have problem again I can't send email from contact us and i don't recaived copy of order...but in admin i can send e-mail, update process..etc, when i try use outlook i can send and recaived e-mail, what wrong??? :shock: aachhh?????????

thank you for your time

Not sure what is happening here, but for some reason I am unable to hold anything in my cart. As a guest or as a registered user, the session id remains the same, I took out all the modules, and yet I still have the same problem, when I add something, its there, when I continue shopping it drops it.

Anyone have any suggestions or fixes, I hate to start over or use another product.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Not sure what is happening here, but for some reason I am unable to hold anything in my cart. As a guest or as a registered user, the session id remains the same, I took out all the modules, and yet I still have the same problem, when I add something, its there, when I continue shopping it drops it.

Anyone have any suggestions or fixes, I hate to start over or use another product.

Thanks in advance for the help.

If you have a backup of your working copy you need to see which contribution you installed and it stoped working and most probably the problem could be in your application_top.php.

Hey...

Yes i use shared ssl ...I try to upload .htaccess but can't, and i have problem again I can't send email from contact us and i don't recaived copy of order...but in admin i can send e-mail, update process..etc, when i try use outlook i can send and recaived e-mail, what wrong??? :shock: aachhh?????????

thank you for your time

Which merchant account do you use? The cart will not send you the order as completed unless customer reach to the point of checkout_sucess.php

First, reloaded the entire site, leaving the DB but putting in a fresh copy of OScommerce. After many hours I think the problem has to do with a specific version of PHP. The server I work on upgraded and now I am unable to hold anything in my cart.

Strange problem, I ended up reporting it as a bug only because I tested it on three different servers,

1) PHP 4.2.3

2) PHP 4.2.1

3) PHP 4.3.2RC4

The first 2 worked great no problems but the same site on the third did not work, nothing was held in the cart, yet my session id remained the same.

It's not reported as a Bug #1164. If anyone runs into this issue I would be interested in finding a solution for it. I did hear that OScommerce runs fine on PHP 4.5 beta.

Solution for now: switch hosting companies. :cry:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1164

Archived