• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change boxes in create an account?

angey

I was wondering if anyone could help me, i need help with a few things on my shop.

1. I want to change the 'Suburb' box into 'Estate'

2. I want to remove the State/Province box

3. I want to add a box that says 'House Number above Street Address

I would be grateful if someone can tell me how to do those 3 things as i dont have a clue!

Also in my product pages my products are listed in a large blue box and i want to change that to white, if someone can help me do that please let me know how to do it!

Thanks

Angey

It is in the pages when you are actually signing up for an account where i want the boxes changing as my customers i cater for are getting confused when filling out the form, will that link still help to remove and change those boxes in the create account page?

As for the other question it is is no longer relevant as i have sorted it out thank you.

Angey

1. I want to change the 'Suburb' box into 'Estate'

Open up catalog/includes/languages/english.php in a text editor and replace

define('ENTRY_SUBURB', 'Suburb:');

with:

define('ENTRY_SUBURB', 'Estate:');

2. I want to remove the State/Province box

Go to the admin page and click "configuration" and then "customer details", then "state", then "edit" and change it to "false".

3. I want to add a box that says 'House Number above Street Address'

Honestly, I think that might be more trouble than its worth. I'm no expert with Oscommerce, but I think you would have to add a field to the "address book" table, add the input field to the account_details.php file, add error checking logic to the create_account_process.php file, and add an "ENTRY_HOUSE_NUMBER" constant to the english.php file. Can't this info go in the street address?

Hope that helps. Someone please correct me if there is an easier/better way to do any of this stuff.

Matt

Thank you i have achieved the first thing but as for the removing the box i do not have a customers details section in my configuration option, i have tryed to just rename it to estate instead of state/province but when i do a test it puts a pull down box in it and that just says Great Britain!

I have renamed the suburb box to House number and i was going to just rename the state box to Estate but it displays a pull down box that has Great Britain in it and it has 'required' marked next to it in red!

Either i would like to remove the pull down box so that someone can type anything they want to put in that box or id like to remove the box completely but i dont have customer details option in my configuaration! :?

What version of Oscommerce are you using? Its so easy to remove "state" with MS2.2.

You can't just rename "State" and use it for Estate because there is extra logic which pulls in the drop down box you are seeing.

Archived