• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have problems with my Image folder in Catalog----HELP!!

thedome

Hi,

I uploaded my stuff and installed it, everything works, but when I want to download all of it to make a backup, the Imagefolder in Catalog wont download, permission is always 30 and I can?t change it, I am beginner with this store, can someone help me? I understand german too.

thedome

Check the permission on the catalog/image folder and all of its contents.

The folder should be 755 and the files should be 644.

Also, the easiest way to make a backup, is to access your server's shell and in the public_html folder execute:

1. tar cvf ../site_backup.tar *

2. cd ../

3. mysqldump --opt -u [database_username] -p[database_password] [database_name] > 'db_backup.sql'

4. tar Avf site_backup.tar db_backup.sql

5. gzip -9 site_backup.tar

then FTP the site_backup.tar.gz file to your local system.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer, but I am newbie and do not know how to do this. I uploaded the store an webspace, I dont have a server, I used smartFTP to do this, the shop works and as I added Pictures to the store and wanted to download the imagesfolder in catalog, It didnt work, only the images from oscommerce, my images not, I dont have permission, I tried everything and setting the permission to 777 doesnt work at all, doesnt anybody have a answer?? I need help fast :( :oops:

Archived