• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Questions to Linda's "Attribute Sorter/Copier&#8221

albert

Hello Linda,

thanks a lot for your “Attribute Sorter and Copier v5.1” Contribution. It helps a lot in handling options with different weights.

After installing your contribution I have some questions:

. What does “COMING SOON:” for the following fields “#Units per Product”, “Unit Price” and “One Time Attribute Charge Per” in admin/products_attributes, action update mean? That those fields are available for input but don’t work properly yet?

. I suppose the above functions are for something like selling more than one unit in one package, e.g. a package of pencils. So I could have in my product_info page a general description of this package with different amount of pencils and with different prices per pencil as options. Am I right with my assumption or are these functions for other purposes?

. What is the purpose of the “One Time Charge” field?

. By using the link “Product-ID # Look-up“ in admin/categories, action=copy_product_attributes_categories, the popup screen “Quick Product Locator” is displayed. But then the error message “Expected object” appears for the body-tag and for the onload=”SetFocus();” attribute. Can I disregard this error?

It would be great if you have time to answer my questions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Albert Kastl

Hello Linda,

I have an additional question to your contribution:

The "Sort Order" field in "Products Attributes" is for sorting the products attributes in the sort order as they should appear in "Products Attributes" AND in the product options box on the product_info page, right? I used "1" as sort order for the first and "2" for the second position, but the position did not change properly. So, what do I have to type in the sort order field?

Thanks again.

Albert Kastl

The Attributes Sorter and Copier had several features that were not yet complete.

These are now finished in the Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 based on the 03-24-2003 snapshot.

You can read more info on this on the thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...t=45101&start=0

As to your bugs, if you updated the product_info.php file, the attributes should be sorting based on your sort order that you assign to the attributes.

Hello Linda,

unfortunately I have the 01-12-2003 snap. So I probably cannot use parts of the Enhancement Controller.

Do you have time to answer also my other questions? Would be nice.

Albert Kastl

One time charges was intended to be a one time charge against the product regardless of qty.

This was replaced with the units and units price. They were broken apart to be able to track the cost of the one time charge on a unit/unit price basis that some may need for tracking.

The new version has one time charge removed to avoid the confusion.

You should not be getting any errors.

What version did you load of Attributes Sorter and Copier?

I am not sure what is causing that error.

I forget the January cutoff date that the Attributes Sorter v5.1 works with, without making a number of changes to the code.

Any chance you can post the exact error without out all the “ stuff in it? It's really hard to read what belongs and what doesn't.

Here we go:

By using the link "Product-ID # Look-up" in admin/categories, action=copy_product_attributes_categories, the popup screen "Quick Product Locator" is displayed. But then the error message "Expected object" appears.This is for the body-tag and for the onload="SetFocus();" attribute. Can I disregard this error?

By the way: I forgot to update product_info. Now the sort order is correct.

Albert Kastl

Well ... no ... errors are not suppose to exist period.

If you are getting errors, you need to find the cause.

Sounds like you are missing a file or chance to the categories.php

Hello Linda,

thanks a lot for all your help. It's really astonishing how fast I get the proper answers from you.

So I try again:

We sell products with different sizes and want to use one product as a "base" product and some others as options. So wenn the customer buys an option product then in the shopping cart appears at the first line the "base" product with its price and on the second line the option product with its additional price. For the customer it looks like she/he is buying two products, when she/he is only buying one.

Another point to mention is that if you have a small screen or low resolution the product name of the "base" product appears on two lines if it is a long one and to the right side of the second line appears the additional price of the option product. But those two belong not together.

Now my question:

Could I perhaps handle the above problems with your modul "Product Pricing and Discounts" (that's the title in your pdf documentation) in your Shoppe Enhancement Controller and there especially with "Display Price includes Attributes"? The best solution would be to have ONLY the product option with its proper price and NOT also the "base" product in the shopping cart. And this should work for snap 01-12-2003.

Can I get your help again?

Thanks in advance.

Albert Kastl

You might try it out and see if this doesn't do what you are hoping for on the test site.

Add a few products and see if this is what you want.

To price based on Attributes, you can add a Product Price and then the attributes with prices.

These would be combined with the products_price plus the lowest attributes price in each group to make the Display price on the store.

Then on the products_info.php it shows the calculated price and the base price.

Example:

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...&products_id=57

• 4 weeks later...

Archived