• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Starting Out

Perplexed

OK .. please show patience before blowing me out the water ...

I have no Php idea or anything, I have read the guides and I have read the guides ... BUT .. for the life of me, I seem to come back to the same spot of frustration time and again ..

I have been able to change the Header - Footer and Colours .. but now I am stuck on the simple aspect of changing the category names on the links ....

To others this may seem easy, however for some reason it is not sinking in with me at present ...

For example, I would like to change Hardware to say Arts&Crafts ... I simply can't locate where to change this ...

Please don't say read the DOC's as I am dreaming these things at night to no avail .. I already look like a panda on parade due to lack of sleep ..

Any help would be appreciated ... I can read and I can find category.php , however how do I change things ???

Please ...

Have you installed the whole admin folder at all? Hope so. In which case, navigate to its directory and open index.php

like:www.yourserver.com/path/to/admin/index.php

Oooh! :o

I am going through things at the moment .. 2.2 MS1 was installed ..

I can't find : Admin > Catalog > Categories/Products

Is this the same : catalog/product_info.php

I will keep on battling ...

This is the site : www.globalbuzz.org/catalog

... everything was uploaded by a friend [where my site is hosted, he wouldn't let me attempt to upload the site, because he wanted damage limitation] .. and now I am trying to configure everything ...

I seriously work well with guides, but can't seem to crack the categories change ..

I understand on how to create a new page ..

Will keep banging at it ..

Thanx for letting me put my toe in the questions water

Do you have an admin folder at all?

Please advise.

I do have an Admin Folder .. however the friend who installed it, said I should place the Admin folder under my catalog folder and change the folder name to osadmin

Under the osadmin folder I have opened the index.php and I am now browsing through that

What do you mean by browsin through?

Are you looking through the code or did you type its address in your web browser?

What do you mean by browsin through?

Are you looking through the code or did you type its address in your web browser?

Apologies Karma

I was looking through the code ...

I just can't seem to find anything that refers to the category title - Hardware ..

Quite frustrating ... but, I suppose it is a way of learning ...

Just like everything else

:)

I feel even more silly now ...

Gosh ... what a layout ...

I have been battling along since 28th March and never wanted to ask any questions ... today's date 13th May

Lucky 13

Thank you ever so much

It did smell of 'this is a really simple answer'! :D

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask.

Thanx again Karma

I feel as though I have a whole 6 weeks to make up for ...

staedy as she blows

Very Grateful

Archived