• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

backup help!!!!

I am using my store based on the 2.1 version of Os commerce.

I have always been able to use the back up feature and never had any problems, untill i went to back up today.

I want make some changes to the database so i would like to know how to backup the database using Mysql and phpmyadmin. If someone could please give me a statement i could use that would be very very helpfull.

Incidently the error i am getting using the backup feature is

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site126/web/admin/includes/languages/english.php:443) in /home/sites/site126/web/admin/backup.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site126/web/admin/includes/languages/english.php:443) in /home/sites/site126/web/admin/backup.php on line 6

Thanks for your help

First of All select the OSC database from the database menu

TEST YOUR BACKUP ON ANOTHER TEST DATABASE, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH ON A LIVE WEBSITE!!

Hope it helps!

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

This is a live site, and the version of Mysql im running does not have the tabs along the top. Most other sites i have worked on do. But not mine :(

I do however have this option

A box at the bottom with

"View dump (schema) of database"

a list of all the tables and then the following options

" Structure only

Structure and data

Data only

Select All / Unselect All

Add 'drop table'

Complete inserts

Extended inserts

Enclose table and field names with backquotes

Save as file ( "zipped" "gzipped" )

If i choose structure and data, select all and save as file? Should that do it?

What a pain i dont have a test database to test this on and i need teh backup to work to backup he he

I have to admit, I'm not familiar with that version, but it does sound like your in the right vicinity, I would reccomend visiting mysql.org and looking at their help systems, as its a very common requirement.

Also, are you a 'Doze or 'Nix user?

Are you able to connect to your SQL server using MySQL-Front if windows (you will know if it is because the Hosting providers generally have some sort of howto to use offline software)?

Also simple thing, but try and close, reopen your browser, that error message is quite common on poorly written contribs, it may get rid of the error and you will be able to backup in the normal way

the only info i received from my host was that I was to use phpmyadmin!!

Also the site is hosted on a cobalt raq server. Not sure if it is *nix, but i think it is!

rgds

paul

I have tried to backup a few times in the last few days with that error. I dont understand why it just stopped working, i havent made any changes to this site!!

Also under the error it lists all the database stuff and the page goes green!!!!!!! Weird no!

Hey Paul, do you have a cpanel you use to administer your webspace?

cpanel comes with a "backup and restore manager" that will back up any database for you.

If not, just click the "view dump (schema)" option with the 'create table' and the 'save to file' options checked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Sorted, thanks guys!

I thought that was what i wanted but I needed someone to confirm it for me :?

OK so if there any documentation on how I can upgrade my very old 2.1 database to the latest ? Im actually using loaded 5, but if i know how to update to ms1 i can go from there myself. Is there much difference?

Thanks again

Archived