• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up OSCommerce - then modifying - A few questions

hmag

Hi again,

A quick thanks to those who replied to my last questions. I have a couple more, but from the first install, I have now figured out how to add Australian currency, set up the tax zones & display pricing including tax. Would someone mind letting me know how to do the following, or point me to a walkthrough on these please:

- modifying the date in OSCommerce to show dd/mm/yyyy

- adding new modules

- adding (or modifying) the zones

- modifying the layout of the store (i.e. page layout - company logo etc...)

- removing some of the display stuff (i.e. currency selector, laguages) or add other display bits.

Is there a wizard or similar which can do this sort of thing, or maybe a bunch of templates for different store layouts?

I use Adobe GoLive for web design etc..., so is it possible to use that to change layout, or do I need to edit everything by hand.

Many thanks for any assistance - if it's more convenient to post to me off list, please email [email protected] - sorry for the newbie questions - I hope to get better at this soon.

Bye for now, Terry Allen

there are numerous theme contributions for changing the appearance of the catalog - imho one of the best is http://www.dcpcwebdevelopment.co.uk/themet...est/default.php

study the various pages and you will see that you can modify basically everything about the site

for removing boxes, simply comment them out in the column_left or column_right files (// is a comment in php)

each page has an associated language file in the /includes/languages/english/ folder and terms are defined there - you can add new terms, change existing ones, etc

check wiki.oscommerce.com for more information

there are numerous theme contributions for changing the appearance of the catalog - imho one of the best is http://www.dcpcwebdevelopment.co.uk/themet...est/default.php

study the various pages and you will see that you can modify basically everything about the site

for removing boxes, simply comment them out in the column_left or column_right files (// is a comment in php)

each page has an associated language file in the /includes/languages/english/ folder and terms are defined there - you can add new terms, change existing ones, etc

check wiki.oscommerce.com for more information

Hi again,

Many thanks for that - in the comment in php, do I add that at the start of the line, or in front of the box name?

I'll check those sites you mention later.

Bye for now, Terry Allen

Archived