• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation problems

mason

:(

Hi,

Using Win2k, having a bit of problems getting started. I have downloaded the zip files and uzipped them. The hirearchy is different then said on http://wiki.oscommerce.com/helpInstallNew.

I have got

tep_admin-pr2.1 >> admin

tep_catalog-pr2.1 >> catalog extras >>

i tried to upload the catalog and admin files to my public_html server folder and i am having no luck. My web hosting supports php, cgi etc..

please point me in the right path,

sorry i'm new to this.

DON'T USE v2.1!!!!

If anything, download and install the latest "Stable" Release, which is osCommerce v2.2 MS1.

You can create the directory structure however you wish. Just make sure that when you start the install process that you point to the correct directories that you have created.

Good Luck.

-R

Im trying to install 2.2MS1 and when i get to the install.php i get ....

Warning: main(includes/application.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/dome01/public_html/catalog/install/install.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/application.php' (include_path='') in /home/dome01/public_html/catalog/install/install.php on line 13

I havent done anything, ive chmoded the install files and index.php to 777 but still the same error. Ive installed the oscommerce.sql file.....but now im stuck?

Anyhelp would be appreciated

PR

Does this error occur on the last page of the install? If so, can you still click on Catalog and get to it? But if you click on Admin, it comes up with another error?

I have seen this before. Let me know if this is the error that you are getting.

Please advise.

-R

I worked out that it was because i hadnt uploaded everything correctly.

It seems my FTP client didnt upload the full install directory. I uploaded it and it works ok

Thanks

PR

Archived