• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Printing a invoice

Im using MS1 version, and noticed when wanting to print a order it cut off the right side of the order detail. There is a contribution made to print invoices but not for the MS1 verison. So what I now do is goto the printer properties and change it the setting so that it on one full page.

Any suggestion

Thanks

Steven

Umm, landscape?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

FYI I have to print all my invoices on landscape so they look good. They will fit on Portrait however it is all messed together. I dont like this to much however it works! I also changed my printer footer and header to reflect my website along with a little thankyou note! Customer service is a key thing!!!!!

Umm, landscape?

Sigh.... :roll: C'mon wizards, I know you're better than that.

urbach,

If there is a mod in the contributions area that says it does what you would like, open up the file and take a look around. It might be an easy thing to update it but the author just never got around to it. Or you can put in a request for Commercial help if you REALLY need it and are willing to pay a small amount for it. Otherwise you'll just have to print them landscape style until someone else get's around to it. Hope that helps.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

OK, also try in Netscape.

I printed most of my invoices in IE, using lanscape to make them look good, however, I found out that when I printed from a Netscape browser in portait, it came out perfect.

Give that a try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

OK, also try in Netscape.

I printed most of my invoices in IE, using lanscape to make them look good, however, I found out that when I printed from a Netscape browser in portait, it came out perfect.

Give that a try.

Now that's what I'm talkin about. I learned something from this thread as well. Thanks.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

The footer on my invoice shows the actual invoices printing location on my site -

www.website.com/Admin/invoice.php?customer=lala

(its not named admin for security reasons) - its something that IE does automatically is there away around this? I dont really like having my admin address printed at the bottom of all my invoices.

I cant turn off Footers in IE or Printer properties as its not Enable to begin with.

thanks.

The footer on my invoice shows the actual invoices printing location on my site -

www.website.com/Admin/invoice.php?customer=lala    

(its not named admin for security reasons)  - its something that IE does automatically is there away around this? I dont really like having my admin address printed at the bottom of all my invoices.

I cant turn off Footers in IE or Printer properties as its not Enable to begin with.

thanks.

This is a good point mate.

Someone has just mentioned this to me at our place.

I have no idea how to get rid of the URL on the bottom of the print!

Can anyone else help with this?

How do we get rid of it?

Or are there any other browsers that dont do this?

Ta.

CC.

[quote="CCThis is a good point mate.

I have no idea how to get rid of the URL on the bottom of the print!

Can anyone else help with this?

How do we get rid of it?

It's not an ideal answer for a quick fix, but a PDF version of the invoice would print with what-ever headers and footers you decide it should have. There would also be the option to have it e-mailed, knowing it would always come out the other end in the right format.

There are a few contributions using fpdf.php to create PDF documents - you could see if any of those are usable as a starting point.

-- Jason

Cheers.

It is a bit of a bitch really.

I know Mozilla will allow me to turn off headers and footers and such, but not everyone has it.

Also Mozilla wont display the shading and lined boxes I have created on my invoice print outs, so that rules out Mozilla.

Bloody reliance on MS products SUX!

If the make IE so big and popular you think they could actually give it some functions wouldnt ya??

It aint asking too much.

Oh well, the PDF aint a bad suggestion, but there much be an easy way...

What about Nutscrape Nav?

I never use it, does that allow turning headers and footers off on Prints??

CC.

I figured it out,

I am using IE 6.0, if you click on FILE <-Top Left, scroll down to PRINT PREVIEW, once it loads you will see an Icon <-Top Left, that looks like a COG - configuration, it opens PAGE SETUP, its different to the normal printer options page, anyway you will see a HEADERS AND FOOTERS part on the Main window - below it looks like.

Header:

&w&bPage &p of &P

Footer:

&u&b&d

Just delete the &w&bPage &p of &P and &u&b&d parts and OK it, that removes both header and footer from your invoice print-out.

One thing I should mention: I noticed that now when I print anything out from Explorer --> no footers or headers at all, I only print My invoices from IE and nothing else so thats good for me.

so i permanatly removes headers and footer of all IE print-outs, so to re-anable you need to paste &w&bPage &p of &P and &u&b&d parts back in the relavant fields.

Cheers Lee

Good skills mate!

What a strange place to stick that.

I would have thought it would be one of IE Properties.

Oh well.

Nice one mate. :bigups:

In IE File> Page Setup is a little shorter then going into the print preview.

Always about the fastest way to do something

In IE File> Page Setup is a little shorter then going into the print preview.  

Always about the fastest way to do something

Yeah thats better. I just noticed that too.

Archived