• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic Content

Hello ,

i'm working on image galary that will contain chicks and cars. I was wondering if you could help me out with this task. Is there some way that OSC could create dynamic pages in relation to the models or viewers cars. So that I dont have to create a new page for every single thing. As that is a major pain in the ass ..

- Thanks Crow

If you're just after an Image Gallery I would suggest having a look at:

http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

This is another great opensource project.

Note: not that I don't like osCommerce (I use it and am very happy about it), but I just think the Gallery Project might be better suitable for what you're looking for.

I realy dont want to instal again , it took me long enuff to get ms1 working right. Maybe latter on I will , but right now I dont have time time to deal with a new installtion and all of it's errors. I guess i'll give the galary project a try. Can it make it so that it doesnt offer a login or create an account ????

Yes by default it's open for everyone to have a look at your photos. You can restrict access to parts of your gallery and/or to full-size photos if you want.

BTW one of the nice features is that it automaticly creates thumbnails and medium sized pictures for you.

It's realy easy, just download the package, untar and point your browser to the right URL. It will then say that you have to change in configuration mode (and it explains how to do that). Fill in 3 pages of config details (like name of your gallery, directory, url, etc). When finished take it out of config mode and you're up and running.

I've done this for about 4/5 sites and never takes me more than 5 minutes to setup.

It realy explains itself.

Gallery has issues if you your server is running with safe mode on.

You also need to install NetPBM or ImageMajik

It is a great program, but you need to go to their site and their forums, there are FAQ's, install help and lots more there.

I was using it, but my current server doesn't support safe mode, so I'll be using mopics to create my gallery(s)

d

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Are you selling prints or downloads or do you just want to display photos?

Actually you don't really need mo-pics, you can just use osc with mods to the product info pages.

If you aren't selling prints or downloads you don't need osc.

You need mo-pics if you are selling your prints on other stuff and need to show both the print and the stuff. I hope to have an example of this up by the end of the weekend. I have working on this for quite a while, but other things keep coming up :)

http://www.cool-nets.com/loxlygallery/prod...roducts_id=2601

Here is an example of what I am working on, obviously there should only be one photo of the bears.....

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

That's not realy it , I need the person to click on a chick and when they do it takes them to a page with thumbnails with discripstions below. The gallary program looks good I guess ... any one have icq that can help me out that program ????

Archived