• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Comments about our new store

isdsilva

Your images are taking way too long to download, you need to shrink them. Apart from that it looks ok. :wink:

It looks like a fine shop but I agree about the images. Took a while for me to download them on DSL, it would take forever for someone on dial-up. You should look into one of the mutli-image contributions in the Download section. This would allow you to have small thumbnailds and high quality detail pictures.

try to convert the images to png

png works with most new browser.

image size is small quality is great =)

and the bandwidth u use gets lower.

The shop looks good

Cya

Wayne,

When you refer to "Multi-Image" you mean the contribution that will autmatically create thumbnail images when they are uploaded through the admin site?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,350

We are restricted to only using automated modules, in that, we cannot have manual intervention to create the images.

Thx,

Ivar.

It looks like a fine shop but I agree about the images. Took a while for me to download them on DSL, it would take forever for someone on dial-up. You should look into one of the mutli-image contributions in the Download section. This would allow you to have small thumbnailds and high quality detail pictures.

Wayne,

When you refer to "Multi-Image" you mean the contribution that will autmatically create thumbnail images when they are uploaded through the admin site?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,350

We are restricted to only using automated modules, in that, we cannot have manual intervention to create the images.

Thx,

Ivar.

Well there are many so you could choose one that suits your needs. Personally, I wasn't recommending any of them because I haven't used them.

Load times are much better now :)

Next you need to format your product descriptions so that they aren't just one block of text. You can either do it in an HTML editor, or just add the appropriate code, e.g. <br> for line breaks

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs! :wink:

Product descriptions have been formatted.

The client likes the site but i'm more concerned on usability and effectiveness to get the $ale$ in for him ...

Any other comments?

Load times are much better now :)

Next you need to format your product descriptions so that they aren't just one block of text. You can either do it in an HTML editor, or just add the appropriate code, e.g. <br> for line breaks

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs! :wink:

Archived