• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

downloadable wiki

davidstummer

i think it would be fantastic if the wiki docs were downloadable - i think most people spend their time developing offline and this would be a great referance tool. anyone else think this as well?

If you are using IE, you can make wiki.oscommerce.com a favorite and then right click it and choose make available offline. IE will download it and make it available offline. I don't know how big wiki.oscommerce.com is so it might take a while.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i think it would be fantastic if the wiki docs were downloadable - i think most people spend their time developing offline and this would be a great referance tool. anyone else think this as well?

Absolutely agree with this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some one placed all the docs on the site - why not just zip the directory and offer it as a download ?

Tim in Ireland.

Some one placed all the docs on the site - why not just zip the directory and offer it as a download ?
Why not use a browser like Internet Explorer that knows how to make any web site available offline. One way to do it is to make the wiki docs a favorite and then right click it and choose "Make available offline".

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

How about if you want a current version of the Wiki to view offline that you use Adobe Online - free trial - to make a PDF of the site. I did - took all of 1 min to do. Take a look:

osC - Wiki PDF (As of 07/22/2003)

However this link will not be available for long time so grab it if you want - It will only be available for the next 30 days - After that please don't look for it there.

Note: Due to Wiki being updated all the time - I will NOT be keeping this file up to date - if you want a up to date version - go to Create Adobe PDF Online Trial. Make your self an account and the submit your own WEBSITE ADDRESS to make a PDF file from.

• 3 weeks later...
It can be downloaded directly to your brain via "study" protocol but it's very slow and there's usually transfer errors. You usually have to re-transfer it many times for it to save properly. :lol: :wink:

Ha! I LOVE this! While there are many errors during transmission using this protocol and it can be quite slow, it is usually the tried and true one! :lol:

-- Jayne

I have a pdf file of the entire wiki.oscommerce.com docs. It amounts to around 40MB. 6MB when compressed. with winrar. It is has full navigation AFAIK. Acrobat 6 format.

Is it permitted to post a link to the file?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a pdf file of the entire wiki.oscommerce.com docs. It amounts to around 40MB. 6MB when compressed. with winrar. It is has full navigation AFAIK. Acrobat 6 format.

Is it permitted to post a link to the file?

Wiki Docs

6MB- Acrobat 6 Required.

:)

Archived