• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Module questions ??

fender

Ok here is the short and sweet version of what I would like to do.

I need to creat 3 of my own shipping methods for customers to choose from. in this case lets call them

1.Normal

2.Fast

3.Super Fast

99% of my customers are based with the USA so I can simply use the table for international

but how do I add more choices to the shipping module or do I edit the shipping.php files to change the normal layout to what I need

for example edit "flat rate" and turn it into "normal shipping" with all the prices and features I want.

I guess the easy way would be to be able to add 3 more table shipping and call each one something different...but how is this all done

I am sorry I am still in my learning curve with os :roll:

thanks

FenDer BenDer

You have the right idea. Edit the Flat Rate shipping module (or whatever shipping module resembles what you want) to be what you do want.

Be sure to also edit the catalog/includes/languages/[language]/modules/shipping/[whatever file].php file to incorporate the text properly. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Ok, I think I know what you are talking about. Here's is some more details

I need to have 3 table rate shipping's so can I simple copy the table.php twice and rena,e them to get my 3?, if so that would be the easiest way to go !!, but one more thing in my store itself I want the shipping options to show up not as "table rate" but as what I want to call them

how is this done?, once again do I edit the .php files to change the names and if so what line?, I looked but have yet to find the line I want/need to change and being still a newbie I am leary of messing anything up :roll:

thanks again !!

FenDer BenDer

You are on the right track, but you must be complete and exact.

If you take the table_rate.php file as your base and you are creating a 2nd day air from it, then you will need to replace every instance of "table" with "2DA" (or whatever you want to use) exactly as it appears (capitalization wise). The same is true for the language file.

It sounds a lot worse than it is. The first file should take about 15 minutes even if you are cautious with the following files taking less than 7 minutes. Use your editor's find function to find the table references faster. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Ok now it is all starting to sink in, so I would have to copy as the table.php and the english.php to create the 2 new shipping formats (tables)

I want, then edit the tables to state what I want to call the shipping method.

I will give it a try and let you know if I run into any problems

thanks so much for your time and knowledge

FenDer BenDer

Archived