• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Problem

safariphoto

I'm new to this system, I have read a few posts on this topic but it wasn't answered for me, here is my problem. I'm a photographer, currently I have my website set so that I sell sizes of prints and use the image as a attribute. I was wondering if I can link the sizes of prints together and add them to all photos, so that it will add the price to the base photo for the size?

Please Advise

-Mike

[email protected]

www.safariphoto.net

lets see if i understand your question correctly:

so you have a base price for a photo, and you want to offer say 8x10, 10x12, perhaps a set of wallet size and an 8 x 10, or something like that?

is that the q? :wink:

if so, then you could set up these as attributes and assign them to each product

4x6

8x10

8x12 etc...

Each image needs all the sizes, and there are alot of sizes and alot of images. I can add 20 sizes to each image but it would take forever. I'm planning on having over 15000 images online.

-Mike

ooooooo

you may want to wait a few days - Linda is working on a new contribution that sounds like it could do what you want

I am not familiar with any contributions that would allow you to set attributes across the board versus product by product, except, it you set up your product categories and product names consistently and then based the attributes on those, then as you add new products, the attributes should get attached automatically

so you could set up

no options +0.0

8 x 10 +whatever

8 x 12 +whatever

etc

I have tried Easy Populate, Attribute Manager, and I can't get any of them to work. I have added the codes to the files, but still get either no response from the scripts or not operating correctly

-Mike

• 7 months later...

Archived