• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ian's Snapshot + quantity controller + easypopulate

drakonan

I need quantity discounts, product prices hidden if user isn't logged in (which means no shopping cart of course unless logged in)

and then easypopulate.

I guess that means I need to make three mods, I wonder if they will workwith his version.

- - - -

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

You've done some really good work on that new MS1 enhancement. That has got just what I need.

How different would the install be from Ian's Loaded 5 as opposed to a vanilla MS1?

You must never sleep.

- - - -

From MS1 to what I have is just osCommerce updates, no additional add-ons.

From Ian's Load 5 you have MS1 (with a few minor differences) plus add-ons, plus some duplicated or modified add-ons.

Depends on how good you are at merging files together, ie with Beyond Compare or something similar.

I love a lot of things in Ian's Load 5 but to add them I will use his as a reference then install them seperately or do a Beyond Compare install depending on how the programs were installed.

The heart of Ian's Load 5 and my SEC code is a lot of changes to the same key files that are not meant to alter just apperances or gather products based on different criteria, but actually change the functionality of the code, display, checkout, data entry, etc.

And, since we touch the same files, you just have to be sure to keep backups and take it slow.

Ian comments his code fairly well for this type of merge and I try to do the same.

Hmm...

Well I'd only use two of the addons anyway...

your head tag contrib and your free shipping contrib,

maybe it'd be best if I just started with vanilla MS1, added the above, easypopulate, and your "shoppe" enhacement contrib.

Whaddaya think is easier? (I'm not a PHP genius like yourself)

Thanks

- - - -

Archived