• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OK, new question.

Irata0062

I followed the entire installation guide (except for moving the default.php to the directory index listing in the httpd.conf because I can't figure that out.

But tha's not my problem. When I try to go into the admin/index.php i get the following error:

======================

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

======================

Is there something I did wrong?

Thanks!

I think you made a mistake entering your databaseservername or databasename.

You can check these in the following files:

admin/includes/configure.php and

catalog/includes/configure.php

The paths to these file may be different in your situation, but if you search for filenames configure.php, you should be able to find the two files.

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

Ok, I made some changes (though I am not sure if it was right) to the admin config file and now I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/tfstudio/public_html/tfshop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I fixed it..sorta.

I can now access the admin panel but I have errors listed at the top.

One is "Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent" there was also a cookie one too.

The other is when I updated a information on the store, i get a white page listing the session error and this "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by"

Is this normal? Or is there somemore tweaking I need to do?

Some hosts change the database name and username you request to make sure they are unique in their system. Sometimes if you ask for databasename and username you get domainname_databasename and domainname_username. For example, if I ask for mydb with user paul, they create a database named oakvalley_mydb with a user named oakvalley_paul.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

don't think I am having that problem orchard.

I am getting warning messages on every page, I can update info, but I have to click back, then refreesh to see the changes.

I have searched the help files, and searched on the forum here, but I am not finding my errors. I may have missed them somewhere.

If you look at the errormessage. I t says something like "headers already sent by...."

The .... tells you in which file you have to look. Most of the times the file will have an additional newline at the end. Go all the way to the end of the file and use backspace up to, but not including, the ?> tag.

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

Archived