• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with cookies maybe? site dead

evan1

I am installing a website. Please dont tamper with it

i need help:

http://hairpoliceshop.com/catalog/default.php

I just installed a Paypal IPN modual, and now i am unable to view the account page, add items to the cart, etc. I have combed all of the files that i re-wrote to make sure i did not delete sensitive information, so i think it is some other problem.

I have not idea what is going on, and i am sure there have been many threads like this i just am not sure what to look for.

Thank you for your time.

-evan

Evan,

Not being a programmer (I have installed osCommerce on 4 different server) but I do know how to start the search for the problem.

I hoped that you did a BACKUP of the scripts?! If you did then restore it! And install the Paypal IPN module very carefully.

If not, Remove the Paypal IPN module carefully then check the store to make sure that it was working before the changes!

A Couple of questions for you:

1. What program are you using to ftp to your server?

2. What interface are you using to access your server?

3. Was the cart working BEFORE the addition?

Sometimes the problem is very simple other times I have had to restore my backup to get things to work properly.

Thomas

Backups are like eating, if you do not eat you will ....

I am installing a website. Please dont tamper with it

i need help:

http://hairpoliceshop.com/catalog/default.php

I just installed a Paypal IPN modual, and now i am unable to view the account page, add items to the cart, etc. I have combed all of the files that i re-wrote to make sure i did not delete sensitive information, so i think it is some other problem.

I have not idea what is going on, and i am sure there have been many threads like this i just am not sure what to look for.

Thank you for your time.

-evan

hey

thanks

i just spent the last 20 min covering my tracks. I made a backup before installing, but the backup program did not start until i closed the ftp client.... after i updated the site.

going to reinstall the ipn with the help of a php wiz, thank you for all of your fast help though! you rock thomas

Archived